The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Worth applying to King’s?

I really want to study PPL at King’s, but the entry requirements are A*AA. I only have predicted grades from my Year 12 mocks, and they are AAAA but as I am early entry (applying to Oxford in October) I need to pick all 5 of my unis now. Is it still worth me putting King’s down on my UCAS application even if I don’t have any A*s? I MIGHT be eligible for a contextual offer based on my postcode but different websites are telling me different things so I don’t want to rely on that too much in case it turns out that I am not eligible. Any help and advice would be very much appreciated, thank you:smile:
Reply 1
You don’t need to put all 5 down now, even if you’re applying to Oxford. You can add other choices later, up until the normal deadline.
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Why don't you check the Kings website to see if you would get a contextual offer?
Original post by ajj2000
Why don't you check the Kings website to see if you would get a contextual offer?

Hmm… based on my postcode it says I “may” be eligible for a contextual offer, but doesn’t really elaborate:/ I haven’t completed any of the Sutton Trust schemes etc either which it says you can get an offer for🥲
Original post by Anonymous
I really want to study PPL at King’s, but the entry requirements are A*AA. I only have predicted grades from my Year 12 mocks, and they are AAAA but as I am early entry (applying to Oxford in October) I need to pick all 5 of my unis now. Is it still worth me putting King’s down on my UCAS application even if I don’t have any A*s? I MIGHT be eligible for a contextual offer based on my postcode but different websites are telling me different things so I don’t want to rely on that too much in case it turns out that I am not eligible. Any help and advice would be very much appreciated, thank you:smile:

Don’t apply unless you have A*AA I got rejected with AAAA which happened to me on accident as I had predicted A*AAA but my sixth form leader put the wrong grades. And I was contextual too for medicine btw so it may differ for ppl

Quick Reply

Latest