Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

am i gay..fallen for someone on my course at uni who's a girl.. but i have a bf :s Watch

ReputationRep:
    so are you thinking that ignoring the situation will make it go away?

I still say talk to your boyfriend about the problems, especially if it's nearly influenced you to leave him.

im not muslim btw, so why wud i answer to allah?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by there's too much love)
    yes, I'm sure that will stop them from trolling. Your post won't do any good now will it? it won't stop people being supressed. I know it annoys you, but why give it any authoirty to let it annoy you, why not just ignore it, or like me, report it for abusing homosexuals
    I dont think contradicting opinions should be scorned, nor should he be reported. What good does it do? Well it exposes anyone who reads this to my view, even if it doesn't convert him. The best way to refute an opion is through discussion not negation.

i guess ur right, i shud talk to him, our current arrangement isnt really working..i dont wanna be alone but if i knew she was interested..my current feelings wud pick her over him

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lazzarus)
    I dont think contradicting opinions should be scorned, nor should he be reported. What good does it do? Well it exposes anyone who reads this to my view, even if it doesn't convert him. The best way to refute an opion is through discussion not negation.
    I'd agree with you, but, I don't want to fill up thread after thread with troll fight after troll fight.

calling every homosexual person sick for being homosexual seems like abuse to me, as it makes it out to be an illness, which it isn't.

"I hate homoesexuals" opinion
    "all homosexuals are sick because they're homosexuals" ******** dressed up as a fact.

maybe u are infatuated with the idea of her. get to know her and you will probably start to find out that she is more normal, and not on the pedestal u hold her on now. alot of people have admiration for people the same sex as them. i would say if you can imagine you and this girl in a sexual way, you are probably into girls, as well as guys if not only girls.

do you still think of guys in a sexual way

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    i guess ur right, i shud talk to him, our current arrangement isnt really working..i dont wanna be alone but if i knew she was interested..my current feelings wud pick her over him
    have you considered being in an open relationship, or one similar to it?

Personally I don't like the idea of it for the relationship I'm in, but I don't think it's universally bad for all relationships.

ReputationRep:
    maybe u are infatuated with the idea of her. get to know her and you will probably start to find out that she is more normal, and not on the pedestal u hold her on now. alot of people have admiration for people the same sex as them. i would say if you can imagine you and this girl in a sexual way, you are probably into girls, as well as guys if not only girls.

do you still think of guys in a sexual way

yeah, now that you mention it, it sounds like the "in love, see no flaws" stage that's common in the start of most relationships.

Anon, i do think of her in a sexual way but i also think of guys in a sexual way. yeah i think i'll try get to knw her..i dno if its the whole pedestool thing cos shes the same age as me .. theres nothing to idolise..its just looks and the way she smiles and she concentrates so hard on work and just doesnt know how beautiful she is, i want her to know.

No we've never discusseed an open relationship, hes v.conservative, he;d never go for that sorta thing..i could discuss it with him, but i'd be mighty jealous thinking of him with another girl :|

ReputationRep:
    I think you should get to know her, and try to not make it a test of whether you are gay or not, because that might distort things.

i think we should stop arguing about wether gay is right or wrong bla bla, is it helping you anon?

dont take this the wrong way but u say u dont idealise her, yet the way you talk of her 'concentrates so hard on work and doesnt know how beautiful she is' it could come across that you do. i would get to know her before making any changes with your boyfriend. you only realise what you have when its gone. try and see her outside of ur uni classes. accidentaly on purpose bump into her somewhere.

i think alot of the posters here are girls. anyway heres an fhm "fact" take it how you want. 70 something % of guys would not be annoyed if their girlfriend had an affair with another woman. i wouldnt see it the same as if she had an affair with a guy.

ReputationRep:
    I love how everybody doesn't see this as cheating etc as its another girl lol...

ReputationRep:
    i think we should stop arguing about wether gay is right or wrong bla bla, is it helping you anon?

dont take this the wrong way but u say u dont idealise her, yet the way you talk of her 'concentrates so hard on work and doesnt know how beautiful she is' it could come across that you do. i would get to know her before making any changes with your boyfriend. you only realise what you have when its gone. try and see her outside of ur uni classes. accidentaly on purpose bump into her somewhere.

i think alot of the posters here are girls. anyway heres an fhm "fact" take it how you want. 70 something % of guys would not be annoyed if their girlfriend had an affair with another woman. i wouldnt see it the same as if she had an affair with a guy.
    haha... what?!?! I for one will not appreciate being cheated on regardless of gender. I think that anecdote is amusing, but not enough to generalize from, cetain men may find it demeaning to their masculinity, so even worse. I reckon that an interesting poll by a company trying to shift magazines.

ReputationRep:
    so potentially with this setup you can give and receive at the same time?

maybe it is that i idolise her a bit, but im not sure what it is, but its something and its strong. im not planning on breaking up with my bf, it'd be too rash a decision..i dnt wanna regret it ..in case this is a phase.

thank you for all ur help every1..much appreciated..please post anymore advice that u have.

and i really liked that "fact" lol ..but i wont have an affair with her .. lets see if i can get the courage to talk to her first

ReputationRep:
    Getting to know her would be a good idea before doing anything rash.

Good luck OP. Remember, there's nothing wrong with being bi or whatever, as long as it makes you happy.

ReputationRep:
    You can like your own sex without being gay.

When will people get this into their heads?

If you are happy with your boyfriend, just accept that it is okay to fancy other people. You can't help how you feel, but you can help how you act.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 14, 2008
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.