Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Shocking disabilities Watch

• View Poll Results: What's worse , being blind or deaf ?
    blind
    87.61%
    deaf
    12.39%

ReputationRep:
    WOW , I was just thinking what it would be like to be disabled , and to have to think about how much harder there daily life is compared to a normal citizien.

Whats worse Being blind or being deaf ? .

ReputationRep:
    I'd say blind.

Being Death would be rather fun. So nearly everything.

Edit: Hang on... you misspelt "deaf" as "death". Jesus Christ.

ReputationRep:
    Can someone with the powers , delete this thread , I keep accidently making two threads of the same post whenever I make a poll ?

ReputationRep:
    For me, I would say blind, as it is so many impressions you recieve with sight. You can see people, the world and you can also read and gather information etc. Perhaps some people would say it would be the other way around - Perhaps they value music higher than anything visual etc. It's subjective.

ReputationRep:
    Can somebody delete this thread , I accidently made this same thread twice this is the one without the poll

ReputationRep:
    *their

*what's

It must be very taxing on them, but you get used to that sort of thing, I assume, so it becomes more of a tedious routine, the norm, than a challenge... depending on the disability.

Can't be easy being blind.

ReputationRep:
    Be death? What are you, the grim reaper?

ReputationRep:
    i think being blind must be a lot more difficult than being deaf but both must be horrible....

ReputationRep:
    No music or no visual beauty. What a difficult choice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liquidus Zeromus)
    No music or no visual beauty. What a difficult choice.
    I know. I think I'd go with being deaf - I already know a lot of songs and can just think of them in my head I suppose. Even though I love music and dancing.

I have to keep my sight though - I don't know many blind artists

ReputationRep:
    Blind

ReputationRep:
    Sight; we rely on it far more than hearing.

(Original post by obnoxious)
    Can someone with the powers , delete this thread , I keep accidently making two threads of the same post whenever I make a poll ?
    Done. In future use the thread tools option to add a poll after starting the thread

I'd rather be deaf, as much as I love music...

ReputationRep:
    Deaf would be worse, for me. Music is everything to me and I couldn't cope if I couldn't hear it again.

ReputationRep:
    I don't know. The thought of never seeing my family and friends again, or the world around me would be horrible, but then again, the thought of never hearing music again is horrible too.

On the whole I think blindness is worse though.

ReputationRep:
    I'd rather be deaf, for sure.

ReputationRep:
    I'd much much rather be deaf than blind.

ReputationRep:
    I said blind, I think I'm slightly bias though, but yeah, blind.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.