Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I personally think it gives a voice to minorities, but sometimes I think that bands think image is much more important than the actual music.

ReputationRep:
    Britain in the 1960s. Nuff said.

ReputationRep:
    It only affected Britain in the 1960s? What?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abbi_louise_whey)
    It only affected Britain in the 1960s? What?
    Read and learn about Britain and its music in the 1960's, then re-read the post.

ReputationRep:
    the recession will produce a grimmer harsher sound. Like Joy Division, Gary Numan, The Cure etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nu Ordah!!!!!!!!!!!!)
    the recession will produce a grimmer harsher sound. Like Joy Division, Gary Numan, The Cure etc
    so music doesn't affect society, society affects music.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cconstant)
    so music doesn't affect society, society affects music.
    I agree, social drugs in the 60s gave the music a much more psychedelic sound like the Small Faces (I love them) etc

ReputationRep:
    I think what music is in a certain era says a lot about the society at the time. Also it defines, to an extent, what type of person you are and you are labelled as such. Interesting topic, lots to discuss though haha.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.