The Student Room Group

Facial hair on my upper lip

Yes as embarrassing as it sounds I’m going to say it and hope someone helps me. I’m a teenager and when it comes to facial hair I’ve always been so so insecure. I first waxed and it felt so good I looked like a completely different person and loved it. I used to wear a mask to hide my upper lip hair at school too. I recently got my lips waxed again a week ago by a professional. Eyebrows and upper lip. I’ve noticed little hairs back already. It annoys me that it grows back so so quick and it makes me insecure and embarrassed. Yes I know other people have it but it’s more visible on my brown skin. I wish I had fair skin so it wouldn’t show. this society is so judgey too and I feel so self conscious. School ruins it aswell. I want to get laser hair removal done as I think it’s the best option for me.
I definitely recommend laser hair removal!!! It helped me.
Also Ik it’s easy to say but don’t be insecure about it!! Your skin color is perfect and it’s completely normal to have hairs. Don’t care about what others say.. at the end of the day you will never meet those people again!
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
I definitely recommend laser hair removal!!! It helped me.
Also Ik it’s easy to say but don’t be insecure about it!! Your skin color is perfect and it’s completely normal to have hairs. Don’t care about what others say.. at the end of the day you will never meet those people again!

Thank you so much!!
I was just like you and am to be fair really self conscious on my hair my upper lip, lower lip chin. Arms legs and I'm quite hairy. Schools definitely made it worse as its one of those embarrassing but very common talks etc but then I've found an you grow up and around adults it feels slightly easier in not being so self conscious as frankly the adults don't talk about it as much and are least bothered.
If it's just a few odd strands after waxing have you tried using a tweezers and plucking it out (only for the odds few separate strands not for multiple chunks). I wax myself using the wax strips you get and just pluck the odd few remaining and can say I'm removing it less often and lighter..
Original post by random_acc
Yes as embarrassing as it sounds I’m going to say it and hope someone helps me. I’m a teenager and when it comes to facial hair I’ve always been so so insecure. I first waxed and it felt so good I looked like a completely different person and loved it. I used to wear a mask to hide my upper lip hair at school too. I recently got my lips waxed again a week ago by a professional. Eyebrows and upper lip. I’ve noticed little hairs back already. It annoys me that it grows back so so quick and it makes me insecure and embarrassed. Yes I know other people have it but it’s more visible on my brown skin. I wish I had fair skin so it wouldn’t show. this society is so judgey too and I feel so self conscious. School ruins it aswell. I want to get laser hair removal done as I think it’s the best option for me.

Hey
I have PCOS so i have a hair issue too😭😭😭😭 i have light-ish skin and dark hair so its definetly very very visible. I always feel so insecure but ive started managing it using these tips:

- i always wax every sunday. It's better to stick to a routine. Shavings not rlly good if ur hair grows back quickly like mine, so i always wax every sunday.
- buying the strips can be a bit pricey, so i prefer using the wax beads that you just melt in that machine thing.
- and laser is the option for us sadly💔💔💔 i wouldve got it done by now BUT ITS SO PRICEY so im just saving it up. but definetly look into it!!
Reply 5
Original post by unknownforever
I was just like you and am to be fair really self conscious on my hair my upper lip, lower lip chin. Arms legs and I'm quite hairy. Schools definitely made it worse as its one of those embarrassing but very common talks etc but then I've found an you grow up and around adults it feels slightly easier in not being so self conscious as frankly the adults don't talk about it as much and are least bothered.
If it's just a few odd strands after waxing have you tried using a tweezers and plucking it out (only for the odds few separate strands not for multiple chunks). I wax myself using the wax strips you get and just pluck the odd few remaining and can say I'm removing it less often and lighter..

Thank you so much so glad I’m not the only one who felt like this! I plucked a few out yesterday but some are so hard to get and my whole upper lip area is darkly coloured 😭
Reply 6
Original post by Saturo_
Hey
I have PCOS so i have a hair issue too😭😭😭😭 i have light-ish skin and dark hair so its definetly very very visible. I always feel so insecure but ive started managing it using these tips:

- i always wax every sunday. It's better to stick to a routine. Shavings not rlly good if ur hair grows back quickly like mine, so i always wax every sunday.
- buying the strips can be a bit pricey, so i prefer using the wax beads that you just melt in that machine thing.
- and laser is the option for us sadly💔💔💔 i wouldve got it done by now BUT ITS SO PRICEY so im just saving it up. but definetly look into it!!

Thanks so much for your help! Glad I’m not going through this alone!!!
hey i have pcos and suffer with facial hair on my upper lip, chin, cheek, neck and body it's horrible! u should maybe wax or shave or find other options:smile:
maybe look into pcos in case or it could just be genetic... hope everything goes well
Thank you so much so glad I’m not the only one who felt like this! I plucked a few out yesterday but some are so hard to get and my whole upper lip area is darkly coloured 😭

You most definitely not alone. If it's hard to get don't worry too much about plucking it out. I'm. Not sure whether the excessive plucking waxing shaving can cause the skin to look darker and it may be irritated? Not sure? Do you put like something soothing on there after waxing. I tend to put the cream/wipe they provide then some Vaseline as well.
Reply 9
Original post by gracieee16
hey i have pcos and suffer with facial hair on my upper lip, chin, cheek, neck and body it's horrible! u should maybe wax or shave or find other options:smile:
maybe look into pcos in case or it could just be genetic... hope everything goes well

Thank you so much! Oh my gosh yes I can be so hairy I literally waxed my upper lip in a salon last last Sunday. I’ve got little hairs but the are is so so dark and I hate it. Thanks for your advice will look into it!!
Original post by unknownforever
You most definitely not alone. If it's hard to get don't worry too much about plucking it out. I'm. Not sure whether the excessive plucking waxing shaving can cause the skin to look darker and it may be irritated? Not sure? Do you put like something soothing on there after waxing. I tend to put the cream/wipe they provide then some Vaseline as well.

Thanks for your help!! That could be why then as it’s dark. At the salon they use aloe Vera wipes after.

ah i have hair literally every where! my dad is turkish and i really take after his hairyness ..

i have the same problem as you with the hair on the upper lip and it’s so visible on me and i have fair-ish skin

i use a little eyebrow shaver on it and it takes even the shortest hairs away on my upper lip, my hairs grow so fast too, so i love it.

i just wanna say too that you’re beautiful and please don’t wish to change yourself in any way, your skin is beautiful. when i heard u say ‘i wish i had fair skin’ it made me so upset for you because you should love yourself for who you are, especially your skin and ethnic background because it what makes you, you and you are perfect! don’t ever think differently
(edited 1 year ago)
I’ve been shaving my upper lip since like year 7 lmao. Im 20 now. Never grew back thicker. Does grow back pretty quick tho so I do it like twice a week (probably don’t need to that much but, I get paranoid so I do if I see the slightest smidge of growth aha).
Original post by alyel7890
ah i have hair literally every where! my dad is turkish and i really take after his hairyness ..

i have the same problem as you with the hair on the upper lip and it’s so visible on me and i have fair-ish skin

i use a little eyebrow shaver on it and it takes even the shortest hairs away on my upper lip, my hairs grow so fast too, so i love it.

i just wanna say too that you’re beautiful and please don’t wish to change yourself in any way, your skin is beautiful. when i heard u say ‘i wish i had fair skin’ it made me so upset for you because you should love yourself for who you are, especially your skin and ethnic background because it what makes you, you and you are perfect! don’t ever think differently

Thanks for your reply. You’ve just made me sob oh my gosh thank you 🥹
Heyyy, why don’t you get the lumea philip prestige laser removal? You basically wax, shave or epilate. Then after 2 days you use the laser. My hair on the upper lip now grows sooooo slowly and it’s not as thick anymore. It’s not even visible? It looks like little baby hair that blends in with the skin.

Also it’s cheaper than outdoor laser removal but outdoor one has a stronger laser but if you use the lumea prestige moderately like every 2-3 days then you’ll basically get the same results.
Original post by Honey57
Heyyy, why don’t you get the lumea philip prestige laser removal? You basically wax, shave or epilate. Then after 2 days you use the laser. My hair on the upper lip now grows sooooo slowly and it’s not as thick anymore. It’s not even visible? It looks like little baby hair that blends in with the skin.

Also it’s cheaper than outdoor laser removal but outdoor one has a stronger laser but if you use the lumea prestige moderately like every 2-3 days then you’ll basically get the same results.

Thanks for your recommendation!! I was hower also looking for my own wax kit so I can just do it at home. That way it’s there when I need it!!
I’ll have a look at this too though as I think it may be just what I need!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending