Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    unless it's really obvious... otherwise it's crap:o:

i think it was only last month, when i was saying to sister...'aah don't u just love simon amstell, soo hawt'
    and she said, 'u do realise he gay?'
    :o::rofl:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    mine's crap. and i go to drama school. if you're not gay when you arrive, you will be by graduation.

ReputationRep:
    i live in the gay capital of the uk so yeah i have a good gaydar....

few streets here that have been gay terriority for a while now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rouge)
    most people have completely no gaydar for lesbians it seems
    Correct. I can very rarely tell.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samperry209)
    i live in the gay capital of the uk so yeah i have a good gaydar....

few streets here that have been gay terriority for a while now
    Are there like gay turf wars? Watch out for them pink mafia....

ReputationRep:
    Mine is alright. Better for gay guys than lesbians though, which is a bummer :mad:

ReputationRep:
    Mine is so developed that I realised the my best friend was gay two years before he did! Teehee

ReputationRep:
    i dont know any gay people

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imomo16)
    Mine is alright. Better for gay guys than lesbians though, which is a bummer :mad:
    Same. Unless they're stereotypically butch, in which case it's slightly easier to tell! I get it right for guys a lot though.

I'd say that, out of all the gay people I know at uni, my gaydar was right for all of them. But then, did meet most of them at the LGBT soc barbeque :p:

Mine's rubbish which is a shame because it's hard to find a boyfriend when you have to keep asking.

I am a good gaydar tester though, 90% of people would never guess I was batting for the other team.

ReputationRep:
    Mine is broken . I can never tell whos gay and whos not these days.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tami*)
    unless it's really obvious... otherwise it's crap:o:

i think it was only last month, when i was saying to sister...'aah don't u just love simon amstell, soo hawt'
    and she said, 'u do realise he gay?'
    :o::rofl:
    LOL, that happened to me too! I was expressing my love for him, then wiki'ed him to show my mate who he was... I then found out he was gay!
    I totally never knew >.<
    :rofl:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Most of the time i can tell, but there are some closet gays who make themselves look really alphamale to hide it

ReputationRep:
    It's pretty flippin' terrible.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheOtherZoe)
    Same. Unless they're stereotypically butch, in which case it's slightly easier to tell! I get it right for guys a lot though.

I'd say that, out of all the gay people I know at uni, my gaydar was right for all of them. But then, did meet most of them at the LGBT soc barbeque :p:
    :hi: Hi zoe :excited:

lol, that would make things a tad easier!

ReputationRep:
    Reasonably tuned, I'd say.

ReputationRep:
    i was shocked when i found out ian mckellen was gay, not so much steve fry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lodzinski)
    I haven't got Gaydar yet, but do have a gay map. they just need to stop bloody moving about

hmmm, is that like a Marauders map? :yep:

ReputationRep:
    theres no such things its just how well you recognise common gay mannerisms. Which by the way most gay guys don't have.

ReputationRep:
    I like to think I do, but it's not something I can test. Either I meet them at pride/QYN meets or it's rude to ask...

In practice, I tend to presume everyone bi anyway.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.