The Student Room Group

fat pockets

I have fat pockets in both my underarms. I am not overweight and even if I exercise+diet and out weight, the fat in my underarms never reduces. It really effects my appearance when I wear sleeveless so should I consider surgical removal of fat? if so, will my gp refer me for this?
lose weight *
Original post by Anonymous
I have fat pockets in both my underarms. I am not overweight and even if I exercise+diet and out weight, the fat in my underarms never reduces. It really effects my appearance when I wear sleeveless so should I consider surgical removal of fat? if so, will my gp refer me for this?
I wouldn't think so. The NHS are usually reluctant to shell out for purely cosmetic procedures.
any advice on how to get rid of such stubborn fat?
Original post by Master0fReality
I wouldn't think so. The NHS are usually reluctant to shell out for purely cosmetic procedures.
If you want to have axillary fat removal, your best bet is to save up.
Then make an appointment at an experienced private cosmetic surgery & enhancement clinic with lots of favourable reviews from past patients who received good results and aftercare.
Make sure to discuss your options with an experienced and insured medical professional.

Body fat distribution is often genetic and can vary a lot between different individuals, even twin siblings.
Age, biological sex, body fat %, diet, chronic conditions, exercise, hormone levels, prescribed medications.
It is impossible to spot target weight loss without having cosmetic procedures but there are some exercises that can help develop a more toned appearance.

Do bear in mind that poor posture often highlights armpit fat.
Some tops that awkwardly shaped or bras that are far too tight can cause the skin between the breasts & armpits to become highly visible and sometimes appear to spill out.
Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest