The Student Room Group

Which uni best for biology?

Hi I'm struggling to choose which uni to apply to. I'm taking A Levels Chemistry, Maths and Biology, and I'd love to do biology in uni. There are my choices for ucas:

Cambridge for natsci
Bristol for bio
UCL for bio

And I still have 2 spaces. Dad advises me to choose Imperial but I think this is just too ambitious. I'm going to choose between Warwick, Edinburgh or Manchester. I've been to Exeter and Bath's open days and felt they're not for me. I'm just torn between all these choices, and whether York is a good uni for biology as well...
Original post by Bookworm524
Hi I'm struggling to choose which uni to apply to. I'm taking A Levels Chemistry, Maths and Biology, and I'd love to do biology in uni. There are my choices for ucas:

Cambridge for natsci
Bristol for bio
UCL for bio

And I still have 2 spaces. Dad advises me to choose Imperial but I think this is just too ambitious. I'm going to choose between Warwick, Edinburgh or Manchester. I've been to Exeter and Bath's open days and felt they're not for me. I'm just torn between all these choices, and whether York is a good uni for biology as well...

Hi Bookworm524,

I studied Biology at UCLan (which is good for Biology, btw) and really enjoyed it. If you have visited a uni and didn’t feel that it was for you, then don’t push yourself to go. You may think Imperial is ambitious, but you clearly have a passion for Biology so why not give it a go? Take a look at the course content, campus and student lifestyle at your chosen universities, make a pros and cons list then decide from there.

Think about:

1. Course content - Biology is broad, does the course have modules you’re interested in? That you want to study?

2. lifestyle - is it a city? Is it quiet, busy? A party city?

3. accommodation - expensive?

4. campus - do you like it, the facilities?

Just a few bits to think about before you make a choice.

Hope this helps and best wishes,

Chelsea ☺️

Cambridge for natsci
Bristol for bio
UCL for bio

def do imperial if u have AAA. choose manchester cuz their bio is fking strong as well and edinburgh is 4 years so no go
Reply 3

Cambridge for natsci
Bristol for bio
UCL for bio

You should definitely go for Imperial. It's the best or joint best biology course in the UK, and I would even put it above Cambridge natsci. Bristol comparatively is not very good so I would drop it for something else, although if you like the place then keep it and choose one more safe university. York is not that good for biology, so I would choose Warwick. Can you attend more open days?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending