Turn on thread page Beta

Is the best way to deal with them to just ignore them? Not to even mention them? Blank out their existance? That's what I've been doing. But they tried to add me on Facebook, and are commenting on photos of me on other people's profile through private jokes about me. I've even moved town now but they still seem to enjoy laughing at and mocking me. I used to be mates with them in school even though they did this, but in college cut off ties. Yet three years on, it's still the same, although now they are pretty much non-existant, bar this facebook stuff recently.

ReputationRep:
    so? why do you care about their opinion enough to let it bug you?

ReputationRep:
    Respond with the dashing wit of a droll badger! That'll show them!

ReputationRep:
    Pity them, generally.

Ignoring them entirely is probably the best way of dealing with it. Though it may be an imperfect solution.

They'll give up eventually.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hubert Poo)
    They'll give up eventually.
    You really would be surprised.

ReputationRep:
    There is one girl and we mutually tolerate each other / pretend to be friends.. its like an unspoken agreement, we both just put up and pretend to be nice to each other.. works well enough.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bagration)
    You really would be surprised.
    I used to get told that so much myself, so believe me, I know how wishy washy it sounds compared to the apparent reality.

Having said that, I can speak from personal experience in that it does work - on the net at least - if you're able to give them no foothold. You control the flow of information in that sense and it's easier to cut them off.

So I'm targeting the net specific stuff the OP mentioned (should have been clearer). In real life, again from personal experience, it's admittedly not a suggested strategy, generally.

I have to admit, though it's awful of me, if someone acts like what the OP describes, I quite often will play with them. Manipulation of bullies is a rather unfortunate aspect of my anger sometimes. Would I recommend it? Depends on the person.

ReputationRep:
    ignorance is bliss

ReputationRep:
    destroy them by turning into a super saiyan

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SunderX)
    Respond with the dashing wit of a droll badger! That'll show them!
    Or get Profesh to do it for you.

ReputationRep:
    Punch them in the face.

ReputationRep:
    I thought you could set tagged photos of yourself to private too? Do that and you've got them cut off for good.

ReputationRep:
    You don't need that negativity. Keep on ignoring them.

ReputationRep:
    Just keep ignoring them, they'll get bored eventually

People like that are just insecure themselves, it's no reflection on you.

You're taking the high road, so could for you! xx

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 14, 2008
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.