Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I have a male friend who lives on the other side of the country who has basically implied he wants me to come and stay with him, and I know I'd end up sleeping with him (I'm a girl). Thing is last time I slept with someone I was drunk and sort of going out with them (got dumped soon after) but this time I know there's no strings attached. I'm slightly tempted cos I don't want a relationship right now but I haven't had any male contact in 3 months and also I like this guy in a more sexual way than anything else.

Spose what I'm worried about is if I accidentally fall for him or if this would have serious repercussions. Also it's a long way just for a shag and the only reason i'd really go down there would be if I got an interview with a university down his way (sponging accommodation)

Views on this?

I'd say go for it if you think you can handle the risk of yourself feeling more for him. But it should be fun providing your safe and everything and maybe if he's asked you over he wants a relationship, not all guys are users.

ReputationRep:
    Well yeah as long as it's safe, the sex and meeting the guy, and you know there will be nothing more.
    As long as you won't regret it later on then why not?

ReputationRep:
    free acom and sex, this isnt even close..

what you get a bed, sex AND breakfast!! you dont get that in the hilton!

ReputationRep:
    as long as it is a one off (or maybe two or three off), and he isn't an indispensible friend it is fine!

just make sure you dont become emotionally attached. I have done something similar and im struggling now with the lack of attachment and the emotions that have come with it. But if you know you can have sex and leave it at that then go for it

ReputationRep:
    From personal experience... don't do it!

At the end of the day i did it like 4 times and we are good mates now eventhough i we have bf/gfs. Not all men are bad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    At the end of the day i did it like 4 times and we are good mates now eventhough i we have bf/gfs. Not all men are bad.
    tut tut thats naughty.... u have bfs/gfs?

ReputationRep:
    If you feel ready for the casual sex then you mgiht as well, but the fact you are posting on here and are questioning your feelings suggests otherwise.
    Once you have made the trip it sounds like this guy is going to expect sex from you, so you need to bare that in mind.

Lots of people have one night stands etc and don't feel anything after though. It depends on what each of you expect from the experience as to whether or not it will get messy.

ReputationRep:
    Speaking from personal experience, casual sex is bad and you'll most likely end up getting hurt, don't do it.

ReputationRep:
    Just have fun with it, try not to get emotionally attached, though it's pretty likely one of you will in the long run if it keeps happening

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChloeEmma)
    Speaking from personal experience, casual sex is bad and you'll most likely end up getting hurt, don't do it.
    speaking from personal experiance casual sex is good and you wont end up getting hurt providing you play by the rules

enjoy it for for what it is and go for it

ReputationRep:
    I think you should go for it. Housing and sex? And it doesn't sound like you have much to lose from it.

ReputationRep:
    You get to have sex and they live far enough way that you don't have to see them again if things get awkward. It sounds perfect!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SmilerNuts)
    You get to have sex and they live far enough way that you don't have to see them again if things get awkward. It sounds perfect!
    Ditto this.

ReputationRep:
    :ditto:

Get on with it.

ReputationRep:
    Have u even met the guy yet? You should decide once you really get to know him and can tel lyourself that you would be happy with him

ReputationRep:
    Speaking from personal experience, as long as you're sure you don't want anything more, go for it.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 20, 2008
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.