Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Craghyrax)
    Its a troll. Ignore it. I reported the post. Although nice work telling it where to go :five:
    Haha okay, it seems my rant worked...
    It got me a PM with an apology anyway, lol!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neebo)
    Haha okay, it seems my rant worked...
    It got me a PM with an apology anyway, lol!
    Promising They're a lovely blue anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Calm down. Write a contrite and apologetic letter saying you are sorry to have inconvenienced them. I'm sure they get it all the time. They make mistakes too!

ReputationRep:
    That's nothing, when I got a letter from Cambridge telling me I had an offer, they asked me to reply by post as to whether I wanted the place. So, having written out the letter saying yes please, and braved the weather going to post it straight away, you can imagine my dismay when it transpired I had in fact posted the letter Cambridge sent to me back to them.

They sent it back again with a slightly patronizing note. I sure had egg on my face.

ReputationRep:
    Promising They're a lovely blue anyway.
    Haha thanks!
    Oh I don't mind if he didn't like my eyes, everyone is entitled to an opinion and I know that my appearance is kind of odd. You either like it, or really don't.
    I was just annoyed because I am kind of stressed right now and posts about my eyes aren't really helping the situation!

ReputationRep:
    I didn't do one of these for Christ's, should I? Probably not.

ReputationRep:
    Well the posts were unacceptable and immature, nevermind off topic :rolleyes:
    (Original post by Sun Ra and his Arkestra)
    They sent it back again with a slightly patronizing note. I sure had egg on my face.
    :rofl:
    Do you have an interview? Or was this further in the past?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zef99)
    I didn't do one of these for Christ's, should I? Probably not.
    You haven't had to sign for data protection? They might not get you to do it until you're up for interview or something. I think its standard though. But certainly don't worry about something your college hasn't notified you about.

ReputationRep:
    Well the posts were unacceptable and immature, nevermind off topic :rolleyes:

:rofl:
    Do you have an interview? Or was this further in the past?
    This was last year. I was made an offer for maths at Queens', but I didn't make the STEP grades.

Seeing how I feel in a few years, though, it wouldn't surprise me at all if I applied again for a PhD. Hopefully they'll have forgotten all about it by then.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sun Ra and his Arkestra)
    This was last year. I was made an offer for maths at Queens', but I didn't make the STEP grades.
    Ah, unlucky! My cousin just started Maths at Queens :o: Good luck with the PhD.

ReputationRep:
    I've forgot to send back the data protection agreement form for jesus college (put it in the letter box just now and emailed the admission tutor) .... and other people are getting replies back saying they've got an interview.

have i missed my chance?!

ReputationRep:
    I've forgot to send back the data protection agreement form for jesus college (put it in the letter box just now and emailed the admission tutor) .... and other people are getting replies back saying they've got an interview.

ReputationRep:
    I would wait and see what the admissions tutor says.

ReputationRep:
    I seriously doubt it. As I said in another post, I didn't even send it when I applied last year. Anyway, you've let them know now and they've recived your application; they are not just going to cast it aside because of this.

Data protection agreement? :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    has anyone applied to jesus though... not sure if jesus might be bad ass about this kind of thing or not becuase someone who applied to clares says that it didn't need to be until 17th nov, and on jesus letter it didn;t even have a deadline

ReputationRep:
    Whats the deadline?

I completely forgot about mine till I saw this thread, lukily Clare's deadline is the 17th...so mine is definately being sent tommorow!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hai2410)

If you looked at the threads in the main Cambridge forum, you would see that half an hour ago someone else started a thread saying they made exactly the same mistake and asking what to do and whether they had messed up.

ReputationRep:
    ah yes. tbf, its not the sort of thing you'd search for

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hai2410)
    ah yes. tbf, its not the sort of thing you'd search for
    Yes it is. The Oxbridge application year has very predictable questions being asked repeatedly each year. This is the largest student forum in the world, and the Oxbridge section is one of the most widely famous and attractive services the site offers.
    As it is, in your case you only had to look in the thread two spaces away from yours.

But nevermind. I've made a big thread for panicking in, with an obvious title, and the mods might merge all similar threads into it from now, to save people posting the same answers in ten threads at a time

(that same answer is: relax its fine, people make this mistake all the time, and the people who deal with admin at your college aren't the people who make offers, the latter will likely never know that you accidentally posted your GQ/Hello subscription renewal form by accident instead of your GCE certificate, etc - just post the data protection form back and write a note of apology)

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.