Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Dear Craggy

I'm an Indian who has promised to do A level exams next year if successful at the interview. The only qualifications on paper right now are my Indian qualifications which are "insufficient for Cambridge".

Will I still be called for the interview?

Thanks in advance.

ReputationRep:
    See my profile.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Craghyrax)
    See my profile.
    I visited your profile but still didn't get the answer to my question.

Would you please care to answer?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by angelafleming)

Would you please care to answer?
    (Original post by The profile of Chragyrax)
    Q: Is it worth it for me to apply to Cambridge?
    A: It will cost you one course option out of five on your UCAS form, a train fare to Cambridge for the interview, and a bit of effort to get the application in for 15th Oct. Pride may come into it, but it shouldn't. This is the only answer I will give to anybody. If you want somebody to comment on 'your chances', pay somebody to design a 'TSR Oxbridge Potential Calculator' which will tell you what you want to hear rather than abandoning you with the chore of applying common sense.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by D-Day)
    But some people are rejected without interview, right? I just want to know whether I'll fall into that category or not.

ReputationRep:
    wasnt international interviews (in Delhi) held one month ago. You planning to fly to UK?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucy Pevensie)
    wasnt international interviews (in Delhi) held one month ago.
    I didn't know about that.

(Original post by Lucy Pevensie)
    You planning to fly to UK?
    Yes.

ReputationRep:
    lol
    at least ur in UK.
    u should have seem ME panic when I sent off my three history essays + data protection form.
    i forgot to ask for a receipt from the post office and i totally FREAKED OUT because that means if the package was lost i would have NO EVIDENCE that i sent it. and then my app is doomed, blah blah blah.

thank god it arrived safely

and IM LIKE DESPARATELY WAITING FOR TIT HALL TO SEND THE HISTORY INTERVIEW INVITATION LETTERS (ok, i might not get one, but i hope i do) CUZ I NEED TO BOOK THE PLANE TICKETS T^T

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sun Ra and his Arkestra)
    That's nothing, when I got a letter from Cambridge telling me I had an offer, they asked me to reply by post as to whether I wanted the place. So, having written out the letter saying yes please, and braved the weather going to post it straight away, you can imagine my dismay when it transpired I had in fact posted the letter Cambridge sent to me back to them.

They sent it back again with a slightly patronizing note. I sure had egg on my face.
    LOL. sorry i cant help but laugh at that XD.
    but if it was me i'd prolly have done that too!!!

ReputationRep:
    Learn to read.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Craghyrax)
    Learn to read.
    Thanks for your advice. Will work on it.

ReputationRep:
    BTW, i called them in the morning and it's fine. the admissions lady told me to just write them an email and tell them that it will be a few days late.
    =)

ReputationRep:
    don't worry, they're quite understanding about most things it seems! Just email or call the Admissions tutor to receive some sort of reassurance that your application will be fine. and take their name as proof/someone to quote if things do go wrong.

I'm applying to Jesus college too this year! Scarrrry times =S what are you applying for? and are people really getting interviews already!? now im worried, i hope my forms got to them alright!

ReputationRep:
    frantic questioning
    If you're that worried, phone them up. Mind you, I don't think you stand much of a chance if you lack as much common sense as you seem to.

ReputationRep:
    I rung them up today and the woman laughed when i implied it might have been a problem so its alright.

I'm applying to Jesus for Natsci, and I haven't received any invitation for interview yet (I asked the tutor and she said would most likely come next week). My friends who applied for maths with physics and history both received there's on wednesday.

Good Luck

....Incidentally... I don't understand why people (see above) are so offended by us asking these questions when we were only looking for help, which after all the forum is for. Allow me to employ the term 'Chillax' at this juncture.

ReputationRep:
    why dont people ring the admin tutors? lol.

if its important and urgent, dont be afraid to give them a ring, they wont bite.

people make mistakes, so if you've realised youve done somethign wrong, or just sent the wrong thing, give them a ring to tell them, and then they can say what its best you next do...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sugarandbones)
    i am VERY prone to freaking out.
    i forgot to sign the data protection declaration form. it should have been returned by the 12th (YESTERDAY).
    WHAT DO I DO NOW. SEND IT? HOW WILL THIS INFLUENCE MY APPLICATION?

(its late, i'm overreacting, but i need your opinion ASAP)
    WAT, data protection declaration form!!???
    Is this for just your college or have I been stupid and missed this?
    :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Some people don't really have what it takes to get to university.

I mean its the application form, there are simple instructions to follow and if you can't follow them how do you think you will cope at a leading academic institution? You'd last five minutes.

If getting into university is important to you you would check it and check it again to make sure its right.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MagicNMedicine)
    Some people don't really have what it takes to get to university.

I mean its the application form, there are simple instructions to follow and if you can't follow them how do you think you will cope at a leading academic institution? You'd last five minutes.
    Well that was the most tactful thing to post at this time of year :congrats:
    (Original post by MagicNMedicine)
    If getting into university is important to you you would check it and check it again to make sure its right.
    Nonsense! Everybody makes arbitrary mistakes.

ReputationRep:
    Its human to make mistakes but thats why you check things before sending them off.

Some people check and some people don't, when you are applying for the most competitive universities (and the same will go for when you apply for graduate jobs) its very difficult for the people making selection decisions to separate candidates of similar ability. Having applicants in the mix who have obviously not got the ability to read and follow instructions makes it easier to make these decisions.

No point crying over spilt milk now or looking for people on TSR forum to tell you there, there, it will be alright....you've made a big balls up here and learn from this for the future. If you don't get in and you end up getting good A level grades then you can reapply next year, and this time make sure you get every little detail of the application process bang on right.

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    St Catharine's College Undergraduate
    Sat, 8 Sep '18
  2. University of Cambridge
    St Catharine's College Undergraduate
    Sat, 15 Sep '18
  3. University of Cambridge
    King's College Undergraduate
    Tue, 18 Sep '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.