The Student Room Group

Jardine Scholarship English requirements?

Hi I'm Indonesian but living in Scotland and planning to apply for the scholarship provided that I manage to get the required predictions for my Advanced Highers. I have sat the Scottish Higher English exam (first language not ESOL) and I achieved an A. However, in the application form there's only space for IELTS/TOEFL number. Does anybody in a similar situation (e.g. having already done GCSE/AS Level English) know if I still need to take IELTS? Because a C in Higher English equals a B in Nat 5 English which is used by many UK Unis for English requirements so I'm guessing an A in Higher English can also be used as proof of English language ability.
Reply 1
Original post by Rottero_A21
Hi I'm Indonesian but living in Scotland and planning to apply for the scholarship provided that I manage to get the required predictions for my Advanced Highers. I have sat the Scottish Higher English exam (first language not ESOL) and I achieved an A. However, in the application form there's only space for IELTS/TOEFL number. Does anybody in a similar situation (e.g. having already done GCSE/AS Level English) know if I still need to take IELTS? Because a C in Higher English equals a B in Nat 5 English which is used by many UK Unis for English requirements so I'm guessing an A in Higher English can also be used as proof of English language ability.

Hi I'm in a similar situation! I'm Chinese but I've been living in New Zealand. I do IB English B and have been scoring high 7s, but I've never taken the IELTS. Since the IELTS/TOEFL section is not compulsory, I think I'm just going to leave it blank.

Have you filled in the application form already?
Original post by haihai_
Hi I'm in a similar situation! I'm Chinese but I've been living in New Zealand. I do IB English B and have been scoring high 7s, but I've never taken the IELTS. Since the IELTS/TOEFL section is not compulsory, I think I'm just going to leave it blank.

Have you filled in the application form already?

I haven't because I'm too busy preparing for the BMAT lol. I didn't know you could leave it blank, thanks for the info! I hope we both get the scholarship :biggrin:
Reply 3
Original post by Rottero_A21
I haven't because I'm too busy preparing for the BMAT lol. I didn't know you could leave it blank, thanks for the info! I hope we both get the scholarship :biggrin:

That is so sweet! All the best for the BMAT and your application:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest