The Student Room Group

Re-applying to Oxford

I got accepted into Oxford for History at St John's College for this 2022 undergraduate's, however on results day i achieved an A*AB and was rejected, as they wanted AAA. I am re applying for 2023 and re taking the A level I got a B in and wanted to know if it is wiser to re apply to the same college as I have already gotten in once or if I should go for a new college ?
Original post by Skenis123
I got accepted into Oxford for History at St John's College for this 2022 undergraduate's, however on results day i achieved an A*AB and was rejected, as they wanted AAA. I am re applying for 2023 and re taking the A level I got a B in and wanted to know if it is wiser to re apply to the same college as I have already gotten in once or if I should go for a new college ?

It’s generally advised to apply to another college, but you may actually be alright reapplying to St John’s.

I’m in a not terribly dissimilar boat, as I applied to study chemistry (open application assigned to St Hughs with a second college interview at St Hildas) and was rejected post-interview. I’ve got the grades and will be reapplying directly to either LMH or Magdalen, probably.
(edited 1 year ago)

Quick Reply