The Student Room Group

Year 9 triple science

I would like to take triple science but im low set and only 50 people can make it during the end of year 9 test. Any tips?
Original post by ggreestttt
I would like to take triple science but im low set and only 50 people can make it during the end of year 9 test. Any tips?

Make sure you do really well in ur tests and they'll have to let you do triple science. First make sure you understand the content you are being taught and second exam questions. Doing exams questions gives you that extra push. For science exam questions you can find free resources on Physics and Maths Tutor, you can find exam questions for all three sciences and notes too. Free science lessons are videos you could watch on yt to understand your content a bit more. Good luck. I hope this helped.

Flashcards and blurting are great, do your practice questions! Cognito and Freescience Lessons for learning content 💜. Let me know if you have any more questions :smile:
Reply 3
hey im in the wrong science class and ive been put into the lowest set (set 4) and ive realised im the smartest person there and i got higher than other people in higher sets its been a week since ive started science lessons shall i email my head of year? im in year 10
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by shayenv
hey im in the wrong science class and ive been put into the lowest set (set 4) and ive realised im the smartest person there and i got higher than other people in higher sets its been a week since ive started science lessons shall i email my head of year? im in year 10

Maybe talk to your science teacher first so they don't feel blindsided, and if that goes nowhere, then get head of year and parents involved if needed. Remember your teachers are there to help you 💜
Reply 5
thx

Original post by cbreezyy_17
Make sure you do really well in ur tests and they'll have to let you do triple science. First make sure you understand the content you are being taught and second exam questions. Doing exams questions gives you that extra push. For science exam questions you can find free resources on Physics and Maths Tutor, you can find exam questions for all three sciences and notes too. Free science lessons are videos you could watch on yt to understand your content a bit more. Good luck. I hope this helped.
Reply 6
Original post by bluebirdbubble
Flashcards and blurting are great, do your practice questions! Cognito and Freescience Lessons for learning content 💜. Let me know if you have any more questions :smile:

Thank you
Reply 7
Original post by cbreezyy_17

Isnt physics and maths Tutors for gcse and above? Do I just try and find the right topics on the gcse past papers? The tests are in papers not topics. Thank for your help.
Isnt physics and maths Tutors for gcse and above? Do I just try and find the right topics on the gcse past papers? The tests are in papers not topics. Thank for your help.

Yeah PMT is more for GCSEs, maybe Freescience lessons or Cognito for the relevant topics? 💜
just do better it's not that hard
seem smart in class and ace tests and your teachers will move you up. teachers love it when people seem bright and interested in class

Yes it is for GCSE and above but it will help you understand and get familiar w the type of exam questions you will come across in the years to com eand in ur schl tests because they r prolly gonna make it very similar to ur exam board. On PMT go to for example biology revision click on the GCSE one and select ur exam board and it will show u all ur schl topics w notes AND exam questions specific to that certain topic. Hope this helped.
I don’t know if this is helpful but I didn’t do any revision for anything in year 9, although I would advise it. However, I still got top set for everything, luck was probably a decent factor, but the question is still there. How? Just by answering questions. And by answering questions, I MEAN ANSWERING QUESTIONS. If there was a question asked, I would answer it, and most the time I was wrong. However, I wouldn’t answer it in full sentences, long winded and boring. I would just say what I thought. I guess that helped. I guess what I’m trying to say is enthusiasm is key. Couple that with revision, and no matter your ability you’ll be able to get to set 1.

Heya!
Make sure to use free resources available to you + use flashcards, spider diagrams, notes etc. Study Mind offers tons of free chem, bio and physics resources for free (past papers, revision notes etc) all separated by topics ( so that you can focus on a specific topic at a time). It's for GCSE and above but perhaps you could use some info from there for practice and understanding of the subject?

I hope this helps!
Milena G.
UCL PFE
Study Mind

Quick Reply

Latest