The Student Room Group

a levels

hi everyone, I want to study dentistry inn the future however my predicted grades aren't what are expected for 2 subjects, if I end up getting rejected from universities before my results but I come out with As on the actual a level paper , what would I do?
Reply 1
Original post by needhelp1010
hi everyone, I want to study dentistry inn the future however my predicted grades aren't what are expected for 2 subjects, if I end up getting rejected from universities before my results but I come out with As on the actual a level paper , what would I do?

i was thinking the same, what if i get a better grade than expected and want to change my uni for a better one..... idk what to do either
for things like medicine and dentistry even if you exceed the grades there is little chance you'd find a place with spaces (for example through clearing) just beg your teachers for higher predicted grades I guess
Reply 3
Original post by prospect_medic
for things like medicine and dentistry even if you exceed the grades there is little chance you'd find a place with spaces (for example through clearing) just beg your teachers for higher predicted grades I guess

isn't there something called "adjustment" or something like that, where you can change your uni or course to a better one if you unexpectedly get a better grade, don't know if that's true but i thought i heard it somewhere
Original post by Sakuna
isn't there something called "adjustment" or something like that, where you can change your uni or course to a better one if you unexpectedly get a better grade, don't know if that's true but i thought i heard it somewhere

they never have it for med and dentistry. and adjustment doesnt exist anymore. you need to reapply.
Reply 5
Original post by albayati
they never have it for med and dentistry. and adjustment doesnt exist anymore. you need to reapply.

ooh, i see

let's say i get a better grade on the 18th of august n i already had a uni that gave n offer n now accepted me in but i wanna change my uni n course to a better cause i got better grades

do i reapply that day, would that work or i'll have to wait till next year?
Original post by needhelp1010

Take a gap year and apply again. Dentistry doesn't go into clearing.
Original post by Sakuna
ooh, i see

let's say i get a better grade on the 18th of august n i already had a uni that gave n offer n now accepted me in but i wanna change my uni n course to a better cause i got better grades

do i reapply that day, would that work or i'll have to wait till next year?

depends what course you want to do. For medicine and dentistry you would need to reapply regardless, but if you're not doing med or dentistry then you could find an alternative course in clearing
Reply 8
depends what course you want to do. For medicine and dentistry you would need to reapply regardless, but if you're not doing med or dentistry then you could find an alternative course in clearing

Can we not decline the offer already made to us n then look for clearing? Just in case if we don’t find place in other unis cause their courses are full….
To go into clearing you will need to have 0 offers. So I suggest you apply to whatever courses you want now and gather whatever offers you can, and if you want to go into clearing on 18th August you can release yourself into clearing by declining your offers. bear in mind that it is a totally different case with Medicine/Vet/Dentistry as these courses have 0.05% chance of going into clearing and if you find yourself with an offer in either of the three, you'd be mad to decline it!

Original post by Sakuna
Can we not decline the offer already made to us n then look for clearing? Just in case if we don’t find place in other unis cause their courses are full….
To go into clearing you will need to have 0 offers. So I suggest you apply to whatever courses you want now and gather whatever offers you can, and if you want to go into clearing on 18th August you can release yourself into clearing by declining your offers. bear in mind that it is a totally different case with Medicine/Vet/Dentistry as these courses have 0.05% chance of going into clearing and if you find yourself with an offer in either of the three, you'd be mad to decline it!

can we apply for clearing without declining our offers, or do we have to get rid of the offers made by other unis just to apply for clearing?
First sentence of my previous post sums it up. 0 offers for clearing. You need to decline your other ones.
Original post by Sakuna
can we apply for clearing without declining our offers, or do we have to get rid of the offers made by other unis just to apply for clearing?
First sentence of my previous post sums it up. 0 offers for clearing. You need to decline your other ones.

got it boss

thnx :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest