Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    The uni told me they are going to make me an offer but track has not updated. Do they do it all at once? E.g. late November or February they will sit down and put in the offers.

ReputationRep:
    Could be any time after the Open Day to be honest, but I doubt that it would be much after late Jan at the lastest. It really depends on the Uni and the admissions system they use.
    Where are you waiting for a reply from?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mollymustard)
    Could be any time after the Open Day to be honest, but I doubt that it would be much after late Jan at the lastest. It really depends on the Uni and the admissions system they use.
    Where are you waiting for a reply from?
    Its your Uni (Sheff) i think i saw you there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jack Sparrow)
    Its your Uni (Sheff) i think i saw you there.
    Saw me there? Really? When?

ReputationRep:
    Saw me there? Really? When?
    It was yesterday, I went round all the buildings and accomdation areas and i'm sure I saw you 90% sure . I was impressed with the Uni even got to see a girls room at this place called "village".

ReputationRep:
    Had an interview with an offer on the 5/11 and the offer came through via post on the 8/11 and on track on the 11/11

Which uni?

ReputationRep:
    It was yesterday, I went round all the buildings and accomdation areas and i'm sure I saw you 90% sure . I was impressed with the Uni even got to see a girls room at this place called "village".
    It won't have been me! I'm on reading week!

Yes the Endcliffe Village that would have been? What block did you go and visit? And what was the girl called? I'm going to be doing tours as well, but havn't done any yet.

ReputationRep:
    It won't have been me! I'm on reading week!

Yes the Endcliffe Village that would have been? What block did you go and visit? And what was the girl called? I'm going to be doing tours as well, but havn't done any yet.
    How long is reading week? Is it like study leave?

No idea what the girl was called , it was on the second/third floor and at the bottom of the building is where you eat food and there was this other part with a bar and snooker tables and two huge projection tv things. The rooms were small I don't know how you live in them. I found all the accommodation place scary just wanted to get out of there go home and sleep it off. I think I experienced serious disequilibrium because everything was different from sixth form.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bex2306)
    Had an interview with an offer on the 5/11 and the offer came through via post on the 8/11 and on track on the 11/11

Which uni?
    Was it an offical UCAS offer via post or one from the Uni?

ReputationRep:
    How long is reading week? Is it like study leave?

No idea what the girl was called , it was on the second/third floor and at the bottom of the building is where you eat food and there was this other part with a bar and snooker tables and two huge projection tv things. The rooms were small I don't know how you live in them. I found all the accommodation place scary just wanted to get out of there go home and sleep it off. I think I experienced serious disequilibrium because everything was different from sixth form.
    Reading week is just a week which you are given mid-term in order to catch up with all your reading and work. Its quite useful really.

I'm suprised you think the accomodation is small to be honest, as Sheffield is known for having good facilities. I know when I looked at various Unis last year the bedrooms at Sheffield were certainly bigger than any of the others I had seen. The en-suites are pretty nice as well, and there is lots of floor space. I actually prefer my room here to the one I have back home.
    Sounds like ou visited the Edge bar, its pretty nice there actually has a good atmosphere.

What other accomodation have you been to at other Unis?

ReputationRep:
    Reading week is just a week which you are given mid-term in order to catch up with all your reading and work. Its quite useful really.

I'm suprised you think the accomodation is small to be honest, as Sheffield is known for having good facilities. I know when I looked at various Unis last year the bedrooms at Sheffield were certainly bigger than any of the others I had seen. The en-suites are pretty nice as well, and there is lots of floor space. I actually prefer my room here to the one I have back home.
    Sounds like ou visited the Edge bar, its pretty nice there actually has a good atmosphere.

What other accomodation have you been to at other Unis?
    I've herd Sheffield has great accomodation don't get me wrong i thought the facilities were great especially the edge bar.Also the union was off the hook and the IC was also good. I was comparing it to my room at home It's two atics but i smashed down one wall and now its one super huge room. I'm actually from Sheffield round the outskirtsit really, it was the first time i saw the buildings and accommodation I have'nt been anywhere else yet I'm thinking of staying at home like a wimp lol.

Have you ever used the showers in the IC , do they really have showers?!

ReputationRep:
    I've herd Sheffield has great accomodation don't get me wrong i thought the facilities were great especially the edge bar.Also the union was off the hook and the IC was also good. I was comparing it to my room at home It's two atics but i smashed down one wall and now its one super huge room. I'm actually from Sheffield round the outskirtsit really, it was the first time i saw the buildings and accommodation I have'nt been anywhere else yet I'm thinking of staying at home like a wimp lol.

Have you ever used the showers in the IC , do they really have showers?!
    The facilities are pretty darn good here to be fair, I've been here for two months now and I'm still getting used to how brillian they are.
    I spose it may seem small in comparison to some rooms, but there really is no need for too much space in halls because people tend to be out and about and don't really linger too much on their own. I rarely use my room except to sleep and do essays.

Its fair enough if you want to stay at home, but do consider going into halls as it does give you a slightly more rounded experience. If your certain staying at home is for you thats fine, but I have a friend who lives by Meadowhall and commutes and has found it very difficult to fit into the whole university way of life especially as people on courses have already formed friendships and gone to events together in Freshers Week etc.

The IC does indeed have showers! Don't know who uses them, but you now have to have to sign for a key at reception due to them being used quite frequently for midnight naughty antics!

ReputationRep:
    Was it an offical UCAS offer via post or one from the Uni?

One from the uni, they sent me another letter today...not too sure why :shifty:

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.