The Student Room Group

SFE being impossible about CPR

Hi,
I have been trying for some time to get SFE to accept my CPR, which they haven't because apparently I have to "withdraw" from my course instead of "suspend". The distinction my university does between these two terms is basically to still be enrolled because you're expected to come back next year (suspend) or withdraw from university completely (withdraw).
SFE refuses to acknowledge this and my university refuses to withdraw me because they can't lie to SFE.

I have tried telling this to them through their live chat service, but they just shut me off after a while of asking as to why they were telling me to withdraw when nowhere in the legislation or the guidance says that this is a requirement. The only requirements I've seen have been "suspend your studies", "withdraw from your course" or "failed to achieve a qualification".

Would appreciate if a SFE advisor would chime in and help me solve this.
Original post by josegambero
Hi,
I have been trying for some time to get SFE to accept my CPR, which they haven't because apparently I have to "withdraw" from my course instead of "suspend". The distinction my university does between these two terms is basically to still be enrolled because you're expected to come back next year (suspend) or withdraw from university completely (withdraw).
SFE refuses to acknowledge this and my university refuses to withdraw me because they can't lie to SFE.

I have tried telling this to them through their live chat service, but they just shut me off after a while of asking as to why they were telling me to withdraw when nowhere in the legislation or the guidance says that this is a requirement. The only requirements I've seen have been "suspend your studies", "withdraw from your course" or "failed to achieve a qualification".

Would appreciate if a SFE advisor would chime in and help me solve this.

Hi Jose,

Can you confirm if you are an undergraduate or a postgraduate student?

Thanks, Clare
Original post by SFE Clare
Hi Jose,

Thanks, Clare

Hi
Postgrad student
Original post by SFE Clare
Hi Jose,

Thanks, Clare

Original post by josegambero
Hi
Postgrad student

Thank you for confirming. You definitely need to have a withdrawn application to reapply for full funding again, as the entitlement is for the duration of a course rather than separate course years like undergraduate funding.

If you are suspended, you will only receive the remaining entitlement when you return to study and if you have been paid the full amount, you won't receive anything further.

Thanks, Clare

Quick Reply

Latest