Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Quitting the gym - scared of getting fat! Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi all.

I've decided to cancel my gym membership which is over £40 a month partly due to the fact I don't enjoy it all the time and also because i'm moving out in the new year and wanna save money.

The thing is i'm really scared i'm gonna get fat even though I barely go now. I think it's just cos all the while i'm a member, i've got the chance to go so won't get fat or something.

Anyway, can anyone tell me what exercises I could do at home that won't cost me much money or even won't cost me anything at all? I don't really like exercise but i've got to do it to lose the weight. I'm eating well as well by the way.

Thanks x

ReputationRep:
    If you eat sensibly then you will be fine. There are plenty of people that dont go to the gym and are not fat..

Also, running is free, and a great form of exercise. Take up a sport? Or do exercises like press-ups or sit-ups in youhome.

ReputationRep:
    READ the FITNESS STICKY, paying particular attention to HEALTHY EATING, BURPEE CONDITIONING, HIIT and ROSSTRAINING.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sparkle86)
    Hi all.

I've decided to cancel my gym membership which is over £40 a month partly due to the fact I don't enjoy it all the time and also because i'm moving out in the new year and wanna save money.

The thing is i'm really scared i'm gonna get fat even though I barely go now. I think it's just cos all the while i'm a member, i've got the chance to go so won't get fat or something.

Anyway, can anyone tell me what exercises I could do at home that won't cost me much money or even won't cost me anything at all? I don't really like exercise but i've got to do it to lose the weight. I'm eating well as well by the way.

Thanks x
    Sorry to sound blunt but have you really not got any idea? You have legs - you have an outside world so why not just go for a run every morning/night before school/college/uni/work. Lay off the booze and don't eat junk. Simple.

ReputationRep:
    Do them silly CrossFit workouts.

ReputationRep:
    So you are saying that go to the gym makes you fat?or I misunderstood..

ReputationRep:
    i concur with all of the above. If you're paying £40 a month i'd say you'd need to go 2/3 times a week to make it worth it, otherwise surely you could pay for individual trips. Go for a run or for a bike ride, hell just try and walk more often.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sparkle86)
    Hi all.

Thanks x
    Wow, your retardness astounds me.

How can you be so ******* stupid?

ReputationRep:
    You could buy one of those fitness dvds?

I go running every morning. Nice and free I'd rather run outside and move somewhere than just jog on a machine.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.