Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    It depends on the girl. Sometimes i quite like it myself :p:
    Of course, short hair can be as a result of alopecia or chemotherapy and so it can be sometimes more difficult for these women to get boyfriends because of the label that gets put on them. if they aren't suffering an illness, then they're classed as tomboys, which just ain't right.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Hate women without at least shoulder length hair.

(Original post by Yuffie)
    Is the OP aroused by watching the shaving of hair though? If so, it's a fairly common fetish. Basis in humiliation etc.
    nope, just considering shaving it :p: i've been able to pull short hairstyles before and people tend to say I look better with short hair, I've just never shaved it all off.. i love the natalie portman picture (with the shaved head)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    nope, just considering shaving it :p: i've been able to pull short hairstyles before and people tend to say I look better with short hair, I've just never shaved it all off.. i love the natalie portman picture (with the shaved head)
    Ahhh you're a girl, ok.
    I say if you have a gorgeous face go for it. There are loads of pretty girls with regular hairstyles but you'll really stand out with it. There are plenty of guys out there who go for it and I personally think

looks nicer and more striking than

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Overground)
    The thing there is that she is a beautiful women, who can even look beautiful with short hair. The fact is, she looks much better with long hair:

Some girls suit slightly shorter hair, but not skin'ed, no.
    I think she looks better with short hair.

I love short hair on girls. It makes me wish I could pull it off! (not in the literal sense).

(Original post by Yuffie)
    Spoiler:
    Show

looks nicer and more striking than

Spoiler:
    Show
    I agree with you..
    Someone else mentioned before that I should try taking it slowly.. trying a number 3 say, before going straight to number 1..this is a bit more of what I was thinking of doing first:

I think Mena Suvari looks gorgeous with short hair..
    You see, women who do this tend to have big eyes, shaped lips, a small, cute noses - those are my characteristics too..

ReputationRep:
    Which female celebrities have shaven their heads? I know of:
    Sinead O'Connor
    Angelina Jolie
    Natalie Portman
    Mena Suvari
    Demi Moore
    (and Britney but... meh.. bad example)

ReputationRep:
    You have to be stunning to avoid looking butch, and very thin too. But personally I wouldn't really care about boys harping on about looking 'unfeminine'; if I wanted the haircut I'd get it, and it'll grow back anyway.

Instant turn-off.

ReputationRep:
    I used to have short hair (not TOO short), and I kinda spiked it. It looked cool (I didn't even look like a punk), and I was confident with it. So yeah, it can work.

ReputationRep:
    I have gone from having really long hair to having uber short hair. I had a no'1 from April till last month and I am currently sporting a mohawk but not sure whether to keep at it or go the Estelle route. I am loving the freedom at not having to bother with it in the morning but do miss having hair sometimes. I have modelled on and off for 10yrs and I do have quite an androgynous look with fantastically symmetrical features and think I look even more striking without hair. When I hand over my hard book at castings, the ones that get the most comments are the ones of me with short hair.

There is the risk of being mistaken for a lesbian (and having to fend off insistent females outside somerfields that think you are just being shy and not actually straight as you say!). Re:guys, I get much more chatted up with hair than without. It seems only arty/creative guys like girls with short hair as I am finding out lol

ReputationRep:
    The thing there is that she is a beautiful women, who can even look beautiful with short hair. The fact is, she looks much better with long hair:

I think Natalie looks better with shorter hair, have you seen her in Closer? Yum.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by misswilliams)
    I think Natalie looks better with shorter hair, have you seen her in Closer? Yum.
    Yes yes yes. Yumz.

ReputationRep:
    I had no hair for a while due to chemotherapy. All I can say is I hated it. I looked like a boy, an alien, a ghost, completely ugly. If you want to go for really short hair then go for it but I'm so much happier now I've got mine back long again.

ReputationRep:

I never sought to imply that they necessarily look better; merely that a lack of hair wouldn't detract to nearly the same extent from the appeal of someone so inherently feminine.

ReputationRep:
    I forgot exactly what the original question is, but hey.

Dolores O'Riordan is an example of someone who looks stunning with short hair. If you search on Google Images, you'll find loads of pics of her with longer hair, and it suits her well enough. But look in this video at about 1.47. She's just so so so gorgeous with shorter hair. And the song's great

ReputationRep:
    theres a blond girl at mty college with really short peroxide hair, she looks amazing, everyone thinks she looks GREAT, the thing is her face isn't THAT feminine so i guess it all depends

ReputationRep:
    I think the OP should go for it basically, it sounds like the has the right face type so it'll have the wow factor, plus I know a number of guys (a couple of which are reeeally hot) who state a preference for women with very short hair.
    Shannyn Sossamon, anyone?

ReputationRep:
    Long wavy hair = best on most girls.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by punktopia)
    Long wavy hair = best on most girls.
    I'm in then.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.