Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Should the queen step aside for charles? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Meh, it doesn't really matter, it won't make much of a difference anyway...

Plus, "The King's Trust"? No thanks...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tam_Diman)
    Meh, it doesn't really matter, it won't make much of a difference anyway...

Plus, "The King's Trust"? No thanks...
    he could just give the organization his son, the prince of wales. he might be too busy to carry on the trust.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Overground)
    Don't worry, you'll grow out of it
    What does that patronising comment mean? I wasn't being entirely serious anyway. As much as they irritate me I'm aware that they serve a purpose - i.e tourism.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yawn)
    All the recent programmes on TV covering the lead up to the Prince of Wales' 60th birthday have given the subliminal message that he is fit to be king with the additional prompt that the queen should stand aside and he should be crowned whilst she is still alive.

Don't fall for the propaganda...he has not changed, he is still the same person he was ten years ago, even five years ago.
    I've always held Charles in high esteem. For one, I think he does a hell of a lot of good for this country, and has moulded the office of Prince of Wales to do a great deal of good - which will outlast even his life.

He seems perfectly personable to me, and I rather agree with his views on architecture and the built environment. He'll make an excellent king, assuming he's not ridiculously old by the time he gets the job. He'll probably be at least de facto Regent before that time anyway though.

In answer to the OP's question - no, I don't think the Queen should step aside, nor do I think she will. She has sworn her life to the service of this country. Plus, of course, one couldn't really want for a better monarch.

ReputationRep:
    Or course she bloody shouldn't: it's a monarchy, not a ride at Alton Towers.

ReputationRep:
    No, because I think if Prince Charles was to be made king, he wouldn't have as much time for his Prince of Wales Trust antics, and would not make as big a difference. It's not like he's going to live his life unfulfilled because he wasn't made king in the end.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Milk)
    I think they should all step into a giant family-sized blender, to be honest.
    No.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yuffie)
    No.
    Oh. Ok then

ReputationRep:
    P.S Thanks to whichever humourless pleb neg-repped me

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.