The Student Room Group

UCAT 2730 B2 - Canadian applicant needs advice on choosing 4 med schools for UCAS

I just did my UCAT exam today, and I think I need a much higher score to be admitted to med schools in the UK as an international student. Can anyone please kindly advise which 4 schools I might still have a chance with my scores? I want to give it a try and apply to 4 schools via UCAS. What are my chances with my scores? Thanks.
UCAT 2730 Band 2
Canadian high school grade 12 results:
Chemistry 12 (96%), Biology 12 (92%), Precalculus 12 (96%), Art Studio (97%), AP Statistics 12 (98% with score of 4 on AP exam), AP Biology 12 (90% with score of 4 on AP exam), AP English (score of 4 on AP exam). These three courses are in progress : English 12 (midterm report 97%), Calculus 12 and Law Studies 12.
Since I will still be 16 in Sept 2023, I can only apply to the few schools that don't have age requirements. Thus, I need to pick 4 out of the following 6 schools to apply to: Dundee, Aberdeen, Queen's University Belfast, Edinburgh, Glasgow, St. Andrews (A990 or A100)
Any advice will be greatly appreciated. Many thanks.
Original post by cokecolacrow
I just did my UCAT exam today, and I think I need a much higher score to be admitted to med schools in the UK as an international student. Can anyone please kindly advise which 4 schools I might still have a chance with my scores? I want to give it a try and apply to 4 schools via UCAS. What are my chances with my scores? Thanks.
UCAT 2730 Band 2
Canadian high school grade 12 results:
Chemistry 12 (96%), Biology 12 (92%), Precalculus 12 (96%), Art Studio (97%), AP Statistics 12 (98% with score of 4 on AP exam), AP Biology 12 (90% with score of 4 on AP exam), AP English (score of 4 on AP exam). These three courses are in progress : English 12 (midterm report 97%), Calculus 12 and Law Studies 12.
Since I will still be 16 in Sept 2023, I can only apply to the few schools that don't have age requirements. Thus, I need to pick 4 out of the following 6 schools to apply to: Dundee, Aberdeen, Queen's University Belfast, Edinburgh, Glasgow, St. Andrews (A990 or A100)
Any advice will be greatly appreciated. Many thanks.

Please post in this thread after reading the first post: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7102578

Quick Reply

Latest