The Student Room Group

How to make revison material

I am doing Economics, Business and Sociology
Im in yr12 and im starting my revision
I was wondering what content is the best for making revsion materials like flash cards, mind maps and general memorization
By content I mean, the offical textbooks, websites
I am worried that some websites note's (e.g: PMT, bbc bitesize) may not be complete or reflective of what the exam board wants to test us on, can you link websites with complete and accurate notes please
Original post by JackOobleco
I was wondering what content is the best for making revsion materials like flash cards, mind maps and general memorization
I am worried that some websites note's (e.g: PMT, bbc bitesize) may not be complete or reflective of what the exam board wants to test us on, can you link websites with complete and accurate notes please

you can probably find alot of revison books online just type in 'business a level edexcel study guide pdf filetype:tongue:df' or something along those lines and you'll most usually stumble upon some nice set of notes. Otherwise you can go on 'studoc' to get other students notes for free. Good luck!
PMT is always a goldmine
Reply 3

Hi! I hope you are doing well. I sat my exams in 2022 and my three main ways of revising that got me through sociology and got me an A* is by.. 1. using tables. I basically organised all topics into a 10 marker table. under each topic i would have a general 10 marker questions for it and an answer. It may sound very long but i did this (quite literally) a couple of weeks before my exam so if you start in year 12 you can easily work through it and basically 'learn' your 10 markers. If you do either beliefs in society or families and households let me know and I can send over mine that I have made (obviously you will have to add to it as i had advanced info). 2. created mini paragraphs that made no sense but within it had all the main key sociologists and some extra ones. for example - look at the sky - Zaretsky or... And - Ansley. I also have my doc if you would like to have a look over. The point of this is that i was able to remember about 7 sociologists within simply a couple of sentences. Here is an example before which I made... I have attached it as an image. Then, my third piece of advance is an obvious one such as testing yourself over and over again. Get a friend to test you and take in turns (both of u doing same subject) and by using quizlet and seneca. If you need anymore advice let me know or if you need some of these resources message me! All the best:smile:Screenshot 2022-09-14 182402.png

what i didnt do right last year in year 12 is going over my lesson notes and ensuring i understand it before making flash cards on that content you learnt in that lesson and pre reading is an absolute life saver, pre read the material for the next lesson make notes and star what confuses you and if it still confuses you after the lesson then you know you can ask the teacher, goodluck

Quick Reply

Latest