Late or homework excuses

ReputationRep:
    "I forgot."

"My printer ran out of ink."

"My computer broke down."

ReputationRep:
    I don't like you

ReputationRep:
    well my best as in it worked a lot was its at my other home and im not going home till the weekend, it was also my most overused as was i forgot it and my printers not working.

i didnt do funny excuses.

ReputationRep:
    Best: I already gave it in ... omg you haven't lost my homework?! That was the only copy... it's going to take ages to do it all over again *cry*(works with the scatty and forgetful ones all the time)

Funniest: My Chemistry homework has higher priority than this subject.

Over used: I thought it was in for another day (usually works when the whole class backs you up, and confuses the teacher) and My printer's not working and the school computer isn't recognising my file

ReputationRep:
    classics are ...

"left on the kitchen table, forgot to pick up, but i will bring first thing tomorrow morning!"

"done it, forgotton it, will bring first thing tomorrow morning!"

not so common i spose..

"Last night my father was working at his desk that i do my homework on and he shredded the papers up!"

"my dog actually did eat it ad im not even joking, i woke up thismorning and came downstairs to find the battered remains of my homework!" (reverse phsycology!- attempted spelling )

"

ReputationRep:
    "Shut up slut, I just couldn't be arsed".

ReputationRep:
    Haha, the title reminded me of a really funny one my mate used:

My budgie ate my homework.

He mangaged to convince her that it was such a ridiculous excuse, and so similar to the cliche in the title, that he wouldn't actually be making it up else she wouldn't believe him...so she did!

I always used "haven't had time, I'll do it for next lesson"; "I forgot it but I left it on the side, I'll definitely bring it in tomorrow...omg I can't believe I forgot it, I spent ages doing it!"; "printer broke"; "usb stick wouldn't work on the computers here"; or if hardly anybody in the class has done it, we all act innocent and say it was for the next lesson, and the teacher usually ends up thinking she musts have told us the wrong date, although not all of them would fall for it.

ReputationRep:
    A mate of mine fed gave his rabbit his homework and took a polaroid picture of the rabbit eating it and then gave it to the teacher

Then whilst the teacher was screaming at him he pulled out a second copy of the work and gave it to him. The teacher didnt know whether to laugh or kill him

ReputationRep:
    erm overused when i was at school were:

'i have put it on to this memory stick but these crappy school computers dont recognise the file'
    'Family problems'
    'I packed my bag for the wrong week'
    'Printer isnt working'
    'i already handed it in'

Most of them were fail safe
    funniest: Was regarding maths homework on VAT. I said that i didnt agree with the government policy of addivng VAT, and went onto a massive speech about how VAT is wrong etc. My maths teacher was stumped and it was complete improv :proud:

ReputationRep:
    I had better things to do. That is an old favorite of mine.

ReputationRep:
    One of my cousins in Northern Ireland about 12 years ago, left his bag with his homework in it at the bus stop. He was early, so when he realised he went back to get it. It had been blown up by bomb disposal experts :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    I put it on a floppy disk but school took out the floppy drives..
    School has banned the email which I emailed it to so I cant print it out now

On that worked a lot during Sixth Form was - Look Sir, here it is, but the computer messed it up, its all symbols.
    If it was a presentation, id make a random file, change the extension and be like "Its not opening, I think my computer is too old/new compared to these school computers"

I tried the, "my little brother ate my homework" didnt work =/

ReputationRep:
    For maths homework-
    I accidentally divided by zero and my paper blew up

ReputationRep:
    I just usually repeat what the teachers say.

e.g.
    "You haven't done your homework yet...", "Yeah, I haven't done my homework yet."
    "You weren't in the last lesson", "Yeah, I wasn't in the last lesson."

Nice and simple, and you don't have to lie. My teachers all hate me though, so it's not really recommended.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by orange-smartie)
    What was your:

1. best
    2. funniest
    3. over used

Late or homework excuses
    Time is merely an abstract concept so how can it be late?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liverpool's Number 9)
    Time is merely an abstract concept so how can it be late?
    I meant being late for a lesson

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by orange-smartie)
    I meant being late for a lesson
    Works either way. That was my excuse.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liquidus Zeromus)
    "I forgot."

"My printer ran out of ink."

"My computer broke down."
    JUST LIKE ME!

ReputationRep:
    For being late:

'I was brushing my teeth this morning and I squeezed too much toothpaste out. I spent the rest of the morning trying to get it back into the tube...'

'Nah, I'm not late. Mark me absent for today, I'm just really early for tomorrow'.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.