Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    if you're late

"I was stopped by the police because they thought I was a suspect" (De Menezes incident)

ReputationRep:
    "i ate my homework"

ReputationRep:
    It fell down the side of my locker and now it's stuck in so-and so's but they're not here
    I left my folder on the bus
    Oops I've got my Chemistry/biology/physics book instead of my physics/chemistry/biology one in school with me today (They were exactly the same colour and size :p:)
    Oh and the classic "What...you haven't given mine back! But I definitely handed it in...the one in blue biro with my name writen in purple felt tip at the top...! It was handwritten...*make tears well up in eyes*...oh and it was a whole essay, too. I guess I'll have to do it again...I've got my plan so I guess I can do it...when would you like me to do it by?"

ReputationRep:
    dropped it in a puddle while checkin it walking to school.

or you just be like '' hold on its in my bag'' then look about your bag for like 5 minutes then be like '' aw damn ! av left it on the table.. oh i can see it now. how annoyin '' even though you havent done it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mcg-innit)
    or you just be like '' hold on its in my bag'' then look about your bag for like 5 minutes then be like '' aw damn ! av left it on the table.. oh i can see it now. how annoyin '' even though you havent done it

This NEVER fails for me, especially when the teacher goes through the register asking for homework....they rarely come back to you and if they do, a smug or witty joke usually gets you an extension til tomorrow

ReputationRep:
    Best: We had homework? (Used by a few of my classes at secondary, as a whole and as individuals)
    Overused: Printer broke/no ink/exploded on file sent
    Funniest: We got drunk instead and ended up talking to a bin bags. (Me and my friends in a science class)

Actually the BEST excuse was for a presentation on protons, electrons etc. We said we had an AWESOME presentation, really built the thing up but we needed a little time to do it. The next day brought in a Powerpoint of us with labels stuck to our faces of chemicals and used tins as the particle things,
    we even had a sountrack of songs. The teacher thought it was great, even though we got it all completely wrong and it only took like an hour to do.

ReputationRep:
    not mine, but my girlfriend's excuse for being late was that a skeleton with a green hat was handing out stickers and she didnt want to miss getting a sticker so she was late.
    • Community Assistant
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Wiki Support Team
    It was abducted by little green aliens to show there little green children what the perfect homework looks like.

i used that on my German teacher. He said he wouldn't punish me as I had a creative reason.

ReputationRep:
    My dog has eat my homework a few times. He east everything...and do you think the teacher belived me? I had to get my parents to write a note saying the dog ate it. :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dstbgre)
    A mate of mine fed gave his rabbit his homework and took a polaroid picture of the rabbit eating it and then gave it to the teacher

Then whilst the teacher was screaming at him he pulled out a second copy of the work and gave it to him. The teacher didnt know whether to laugh or kill him
    Haha nice - I actually gave my dog some of my old notes and took a picture. My teacher gave me a week extension! :yep:

ReputationRep:
    It wasn't to do with homework but I guess my funniest comment in class (saying I was really quiet) was in an history lesson we had this really old weird strict history teacher who was mad once cause no one was putting their hand up to answer his question. He saw me fiddling with my pen and shouted 'get on your blasting feet, up up' I was so scared and he asked me to give an advantage of living in the victorian society compared to now I didn't know what to say so said 'we would have had less history to learn' I didn't mean it as a joke but realised when people started laughing and he started fuming even more.

ReputationRep:
    My mum works in all boys’ school, and she said that one of the student said that THEIR NAN SMOKED IT! She let him off for it! because it made her laugh so much! my teachers would not accept that! lol

ReputationRep:
    What I used to do if I hadn't finished my work was print of what I had done but as it was printing I would drag it through the printer so that all the ink smudged. Then I would use it a proof that the printer was broken.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anamaria90)
    What I used to do if I hadn't finished my work was print of what I had done but as it was printing I would drag it through the printer so that all the ink smudged. Then I would use it a proof that the printer was broken.
    LOL clever! :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anamaria90)
    Haha!! Reminds me a lot the time when my homework was late, I used to print 1/4 of it, then write the rest in handwriting to show I had to re-write loads of it as the printer had 'broken' halfway.

ReputationRep:
    1. I couldnt be arsed to do it.
    2. Never used a funny one.
    3. Havent done it.

I always found the best way was to tell it as it is.

ReputationRep:
    I did once use the dog ate it excuse and I got away with it

It was a few weeks after we'd adopted a dog from the RSPCA. I told the teacher all about how I'd accidentally left some of my books and papers downstairs with the dog one night and he'd chewed them and I hadn't known that he would do this because we hadn't had him long and he'd never done it before, and how sorry I was and that I'd never leave him alone with anything like that again etc etc.

Complete lie, my dog's really good and has never properly chewed anything up apart from a couple of his toys. She still believed me though (I was such a good girl at school) and gave me a weeks extension! Laughed so much with my friends at break, couldn't believe I got away with it, but I think because it is such a cliche, teachers don't think you're making it up if you do lie fairly well about it.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm late excuse...?
    "why are you late?"
    "Because I wasn't here when class started"

ReputationRep:
    My printer stopped working and i lost my usb are annoying overused ones though they usually work.

ReputationRep:
    I had this teacher once who totally hated our class, the guy was a joke, but he was absolutely livid if anyone was late. I arrived late one day, used the excuse that, "I was walking to school, and started sneezing, and I couldn't stop, so it took longer to get to school than usual." Worked perfectly.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.