Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I always don't mention it, then next lesson when they ask me where it is, I trick them into thinking they lost it. It works the majority of the time.

ReputationRep:
    1. best (used recently for an extension of an assignment deadline): "I sprained my wrist when my cat pulled me over so I can't type out my assignment". The best thing about it is that it was true :proud:

2. funniest: Probably the same as above, really....

3. over used: "My printer has no ink" or "I brought the wrong memory stick with me"

ReputationRep:
    Well for art once during my GCSEs, my teacher was notorious for seeing through excuses. I hadn't done my work one week, so I put on a sad face and went totally emo on her; "miss...I haven't done it this week. *sigh*. I am really sorry, if you want to give me a detention I really deserve it."
    She got all worried and thought that I was lacking artistic inspiration! It was quite surreal having her try and motivate me when I was going for the depressed/life sucks approach.

Anyway, I don't have any original excuses. One friend interestingly enough tried to exploit the new .docx file type in the new versions of word, he would purposefully save random documents in docx so it would fail to open up on the school computer every time. Got away with it for a while too, then he started using it every week which was obviously going to fail sooner or later...Oh and one would literally copy and paste whole wikipedia pages just to boost the file size then change the font to windings to confuse less computer savvy teachers.

ReputationRep:
    Well for art once during my GCSEs, my teacher was notorious for seeing through excuses. I hadn't done my work one week, so I put on a sad face and went totally emo on her; "miss...I haven't done it this week. *sigh*. I am really sorry, if you want to give me a detention I really deserve it."
    She got all worried and thought that I was lacking artistic inspiration! It was quite surreal having her try and motivate me when I was going for the depressed/life sucks approach.

Anyway, I don't have any original excuses. One friend interestingly enough tried to exploit the new .docx file type in the new versions of word, he would purposefully save random documents in docx so it would fail to open up on the school computer every time. Got away with it for a while too, then he started using it every week which was obviously going to fail sooner or later...Oh and one would literally copy and paste whole wikipedia pages just to boost the file size then change the font to windings to confuse less computer savvy teachers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dstbgre)
    A mate of mine fed gave his rabbit his homework and took a polaroid picture of the rabbit eating it and then gave it to the teacher

Then whilst the teacher was screaming at him he pulled out a second copy of the work and gave it to him. The teacher didnt know whether to laugh or kill him
    That HAS to be the best story.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pcok)
    Haha, the title reminded me of a really funny one my mate used:

My budgie ate my homework.
    My budgie actually did this, he used to nibble my homework I'd look one minute and their would be tiny puncture holes then the next minute there would be a huge whole there lol! I never did learn to take it away, I wonder why :rolleyes:!

(Original post by Dstbgre)
    A mate of mine fed gave his rabbit his homework and took a polaroid picture of the rabbit eating it and then gave it to the teacher

Then whilst the teacher was screaming at him he pulled out a second copy of the work and gave it to him. The teacher didnt know whether to laugh or kill him
    Haha, that's classic, wish I'd thought of that one!

(Original post by Indievertigo)
    One of my cousins in Northern Ireland about 12 years ago, left his bag with his homework in it at the bus stop. He was early, so when he realised he went back to get it. It had been blown up by bomb disposal experts :rofl:
    Did the teacher believe them? That must be the best excuse!

In our Sociology lessons during A Levels when none of us had done the work we'd all impose our own deadline by saying to the teacher, "oh, we thought it was due in on Friday", the whole class would back up whoever said it, we used it nearly every week and every week it worked lol :p:

ReputationRep:
    My best?

My dog ate my homework. It actually did. Those who have Labradors and have accidently spilt a microscopic peice of food on it will know where I am coming from. I almost did bring it in, complete with slobber.

ReputationRep:
    I found honesty to be the best policy when used with certain phrases.

'Sorry, I didn't do it, but at least I'm being honest!'

'In my opinion, I think we were given too much, but I attempted it.'

It works a treat

ReputationRep:
    Funniest was went i said i left it at home... my teacher drove 4 of us to our houses, i just locked the door and watched tv. Needless to say the next day he wasn't best pleased!!

ReputationRep:
    'I ate it.'

ReputationRep:
    As an extra to the file wouldn't open excuse, I used to create corrupted files or change the extension to an Office 2007 one, then hand the teacher the memory stick and say I couldn't print it. When they opened it and it said the file was corrupt it was either, "It worked at home, what's happened!!" or "Why doesn't the school have Office 2007"

ReputationRep:
    Whenever I knew one of the standard excuses wouldn't work ("Printer broken", "Left at home", etc), I'd do the wrong work by mistake, so that I could get it done in under 5 mins, then do it properly the next day.

For example, I might write in bullet points instead of paragraphs ("I thought you wanted a PLAN, not a draft!"); or I might print some pictures instead of drawing one ("I thought you said RESEARCH, not draw your own!").

It makes it look like you've actually put effort into it and tried, so this works quite a lot of the time. As long as you don't do it often. So it makes a great last resort.

ReputationRep:
    My labrador never ate my homework, but she did sleep on it from time to time.

There was one time when we had an essay on something like free will and human's rights to do what they like ... fuel to the fire? At least half the class stated that it was their right, as humans with free will, not to do the homework. The teacher just said, "oh, ****."

Also, we had "chairs for justice day - let the chairs sit on you". This was turned into "paper for justice day - let the paper write on you". We came in with English answers written on our skin in biro ; we HAD done it, we just couldn't hand it in. Shame.

ReputationRep:

As an extra to the file wouldn't open excuse, I used to create corrupted files or change the extension to an Office 2007 one, then hand the teacher the memory stick and say I couldn't print it. When they opened it and it said the file was corrupt it was either, "It worked at home, what's happened!!" or "Why doesn't the school have Office 2007"
    Guilty. I did this once.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by k9ruby)
    My best?

My dog ate my homework. It actually did. Those who have Labradors and have accidently spilt a microscopic peice of food on it will know where I am coming from. I almost did bring it in, complete with slobber.
    Haha yeah I have a lab :P He always chews homework, even when one i dropped a bit of coffee on, so he ate it. Damn dog.

ReputationRep:
    This is kind of off topic, but one day I was walking to school during my GCSEs. It was the day of my French oral. I was carrying my French oral while walking to school. A bird did its business on top of it... I stood there, thinking three things:
    1) Oh no...
    2) What are the chances of that?
    3) Good luck for me! lol

"Yep I did at home .. like you asked us to ? "

:getmecoat:

ReputationRep:
    i always did my homework

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sweetlovinchick2k1)
    Did the teacher believe them? That must be the best excuse!
    Yeah, he was pretty distraught, it had his lunch and his yo-yo in as well :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    my dog ate my artbook once. i bought in the pieces to show my teacher
    then i had to pay £1.50 for a new one

ive given up with excuses. i just say "can i give it in tomorow" or something

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.