The Student Room Group

starting the year off strong

Advice for starting a-level physics? Where should I start? How do i strengthen my skills? what resources are helpful? Any youtube channels?
Physics Edexcel International :smile:
Original post by moonvine
Advice for starting a-level physics? Where should I start? How do i strengthen my skills? what resources are helpful? Any youtube channels?
Physics Edexcel International :smile:

Start by making sure you have a decent grasp on the GCSE topics (I didn't understand circuits and electricity at GCSE, so I was even more confused at A-Level) that come up again on A-Level. Some helpful resources are Physicsandmathstutor, Isaac physics (they have good online practice questions), and the youtube channel PhysicsOnline
It's just a matter of making sure that you fully understand the content before moving on, I think. Make sure to talk to your classmates and teachers if you're stuck - don't leave a topic that you didn't fully understand for later, because it'll be a pain in the ass to rush to try and understand and practice it before the exam.
Going through practice questions and past papers (youtube videos where they go through and explain the questions are really helpful too) is pretty much the tried and tested way to improve your skills, but that will probably come later. For now, since it's early in the year, just make sure you don't slack off on homework and make sure you understand everything you learn before moving on.
A-Level physics was really tough for me, but there were some really fun topics too, so I hope you'll enjoy it ^^
Original post by cassielle
Start by making sure you have a decent grasp on the GCSE topics (I didn't understand circuits and electricity at GCSE, so I was even more confused at A-Level) that come up again on A-Level. Some helpful resources are Physicsandmathstutor, Isaac physics (they have good online practice questions), and the youtube channel PhysicsOnline
It's just a matter of making sure that you fully understand the content before moving on, I think. Make sure to talk to your classmates and teachers if you're stuck - don't leave a topic that you didn't fully understand for later, because it'll be a pain in the ass to rush to try and understand and practice it before the exam.
Going through practice questions and past papers (youtube videos where they go through and explain the questions are really helpful too) is pretty much the tried and tested way to improve your skills, but that will probably come later. For now, since it's early in the year, just make sure you don't slack off on homework and make sure you understand everything you learn before moving on.
A-Level physics was really tough for me, but there were some really fun topics too, so I hope you'll enjoy it ^^

Second that! Had the same troubles, especially with electricity topics.
Reply 3
Original post by cassielle

This was really helpful and comforting ... Thank you soo much!!

Quick Reply

Latest