Turn on thread page Beta

Problems getting over gf watch

Announcements

Please keep as anon - ex uses the site

Basically, I went out with a girl for only a few weeks, and then things cooled off, and she said things between us didn't feel quite right.
    The problem is, she said in her message she hopes we can still be friends and hang out etc.
    I'm rather confused at this - how should I react to her? Is there a possibility things could develop further at a later date?
    Also, the fact we went out one night, and I got completely drunk seemed to be the breaking point - it is possible that behaviour like this can seriously damage relationships?

Thanks peeps, looking forward to the advice!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Please keep as anon - ex uses the site

Basically, I went out with a girl for only a few weeks, and then things cooled off, and she said things between us didn't feel quite right.
    The problem is, she said in her message she hopes we can still be friends and hang out etc.
    I'm rather confused at this - how should I react to her? Is there a possibility things could develop further at a later date?
    Also, the fact we went out one night, and I got completely drunk seemed to be the breaking point - it is possible that behaviour like this can seriously damage relationships?

Thanks peeps, looking forward to the advice!

Do you want things to develop further at a later date?
    If yes, then why not stay friends and see what happens.

As to drunkenness, I have no way of knowing whether she might be bothered by that or not, but you probably have some idea. If it does, then don't do it.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.