Låt den rätte komma in (Let the right one in) 2008 Watch

motherofpearl
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Has anyone seen this movie? The critics seem to love it.
A is for Awesome
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I saw this in June at the Maine International Film Festival.

It's astonishingly good on pretty much every concievable level. It's the kind of movie that stays with you for ages after you watch it. Best movie of 2008 in my opinion. The reviews will tell you all you need to know, it's pretty much loved by everyone who's had the good fortune to see it.

I just wish they'd announce a bloody UK release date already, I want to see it again!!!
motherofpearl
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
I'm happy it's received such good reviews, since Swedish cinema nowadays is more or less asleep and/or lacking intelligence and talent.
SaphMB
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I remember seeing the trailer a few months ago, all I could think was, "Another film that I'll probably never get to see in the cinema"
A is for Awesome
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
This was in Sight and Sound magazine's Top Ten of 2008, which had my favourite comment I've read about the movie:

"It features the most heartwarming massacre of children ever seen".

Which is very accurate! I remember thinking after I'd watched it, it was the only time I'd seen a severed head float across the screen, and the audience's reaction wasn't shock, or disgust, or horror, but:

"Awwwww!"

It's looking to be one of the best reviewd of 2009:

Let the Right One In at Rotten Tomatoes
Sephirot10
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Twlight's better
A is for Awesome
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Sephirot10)
Twlight's better
Don't make me take your shiny green gens away boy. I know your one decent neg away from going back to red-land :mad:
Another_Girl
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by A is for Awesome)
I saw this in June at the Maine International Film Festival.

It's astonishingly good on pretty much every concievable level. It's the kind of movie that stays with you for ages after you watch it. Best movie of 2008 in my opinion. The reviews will tell you all you need to know, it's pretty much loved by everyone who's had the good fortune to see it.

I just wish they'd announce a bloody UK release date already, I want to see it again!!!
I agree, its brilliant. Any news on the UK release date?? I had to watch it online and need to see it on a big screen!
A is for Awesome
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Another_Girl)
I agree, its brilliant. Any news on the UK release date?? I had to watch it online and need to see it on a big screen!
Latest I've heard is April 17th, but I'm not sure from what source.
NavalChicken
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Superb film. I'd give it 9/10 because there were a few poor CGI scenes, which I thought were unnecessary and detracted from the overall tone of the movie. Ending was a little predictable too, but being an adaptation I suppose that isn't the directors fault.
Butterfly
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I love this film, it is beautiful. I really want to read the novel now. I'm not happy to hear they're doing an Englsh language remake...hmm.
Fynch101
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
yeah saw this last night at the cinema
its like twilight for cultured people
outstanding
cadaeibfeceh
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Yeah I saw it a few weeks ago, brilliant film!
Roobsa
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Saw it last week. Blew my mind. The cinematography is awesome.

Did anyone actually understand the scene where Oscar walks in on Eli getting changed? (probably not obvious to people who don't know a lot about vampire culture - like me). It totally confused me at first, but a mate of mine explained the concept behind it.
cadaeibfeceh
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Roobsa)
Saw it last week. Blew my mind. The cinematography is awesome.

Did anyone actually understand the scene where Oscar walks in on Eli getting changed? (probably not obvious to people who don't know a lot about vampire culture - like me). It totally confused me at first, but a mate of mine explained the concept behind it.
No, no idea about that one shot....could you tell me over PM please? It's been confusing me....
spacecowboy_89
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I thought it was good, but not great; far from it in fact. The pacing was incredibly slow during the start of the film and the ending was a bit predictable. Also the use of saturated colours in both set design and cinematography made the film dull to look at and although perhaps used to highlight the sombre mood of the film, it actually only made me more disinterested in what was occurring before the camera.
diabloxxx
Report 9 years ago
This is one of the greatest films i have ever seen, the only flaw is the over the top CGI cat scene.

Its outstanding. See it
Fleurvert
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by diabloxxx)
This is one of the greatest films i have ever seen, the only flaw is the over the top CGI cat scene.

Its outstanding. See it
I agree. Some of the CGI was unnecessarily bad.

But, overall, I loved it. The best thing I've seen in aaaaages.
diamonddust
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
The cat scene was hilarious! And I think this film really is the best film I've seen in years. So touching and beautiful and genuinely scary at some points. To the person who said Twilight is better- :lolwut: sums up my reaction.
noggins
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by diamonddust)
The cat scene was hilarious! And I think this film really is the best film I've seen in years. So touching and beautiful and genuinely scary at some points. To the person who said Twilight is better- :lolwut: sums up my reaction.

I was playing Final Fantasy VII today. I used Shiva in a random battle and thought of you; "oooo that's where she got it from.. i knew I'd heard it somewhere before"

Let The Right Bugger In is a very well made vampire movie. It's lacking a little in the story department, unfortunately. 8/10
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

The new Gillette ad. Is it:

Man-hating bullsh*t (142)
45.81%
Pro-humanity (168)
54.19%

Watched Threads