The Student Room Group

unit 9 midwifery

hi, im just onto unit 9 midwifery where i have to do a presentation and an illustrated report. i really dont know where to start if anyone has done this unit could you please help me out.
Original post by sknox21
hi, im just onto unit 9 midwifery where i have to do a presentation and an illustrated report. i really dont know where to start if anyone has done this unit could you please help me out.

Gather that this is for access or online course you are doing.

If so you should at least be given some information about what you are to do with this unit.
Bit more details about what the unit is about would be helpful.

I have not done a access or online course for midwifing as I went to university for my degree in midwifing as I'm now a NHS registered midwife.
Original post by sknox21

What do the assignment brief and learning outcomes say? This will help us be able to give you advice on where to start.
Reply 3
Original post by Emily_B
What do the assignment brief and learning outcomes say? This will help us be able to give you advice on where to start.

-The structures and functions of the digestive system.
-The processes of mechanical and chemical digestion including the optimum conditions for the enzymes involved. You must discuss at least two specific named enzymes, for example, pepsin.
-The constituent food groups of a balanced diet and provide examples of their sources.
This is what is given to be able to do a powerpoint presentation and i just cant even begin to write about any of it.
Original post by sknox21
-The structures and functions of the digestive system.
-The processes of mechanical and chemical digestion including the optimum conditions for the enzymes involved. You must discuss at least two specific named enzymes, for example, pepsin.
-The constituent food groups of a balanced diet and provide examples of their sources.
This is what is given to be able to do a powerpoint presentation and i just cant even begin to write about any of it.

Your starting point is this:
- what is the structure of the digestive system? (starts with the mouth, ends with the anus....)
- what are the functions of the digestive system? What does the mouth do? What does the oesophagus do?
- what are mechanical and chemical digestion?
- what conditions do enzymes need to work?
- pick 2 enzymes and talk about what they do.
- what foods come under each food group? How much of each classes as a "balanced diet"? Which foods come under each food group?
You should have covered this, and/or have materials on it, from the module teaching sessions to help you.
Reply 5
Original post by Emily_B
- what is the structure of the digestive system? (starts with the mouth, ends with the anus....)
- what are the functions of the digestive system? What does the mouth do? What does the oesophagus do?
- what foods come under each food group? How much of each classes as a "balanced diet"? Which foods come under each food group?
You should have covered this, and/or have materials on it, from the module teaching sessions to help you.

okay thank you so much having it brokedown a little more helps a lot thank you for taking you time to reply
Original post by Emily_B

Good advice you have given to the OP.

Quick Reply

Latest