The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

Loughborough freshers

Anyone going to Loughborough, are you buying hall subs and freshers pass?

Why is it so expensive...
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous

Hi! Yeah it is really expensive but I know there are 14 days worth of events in freshers in my hall and lots for the Union. It also includes things throughout the year. I've paid for my halls and freshers pass since I didn't want to be left out. If you aren't a party person, you can buy the tickets at a fee if it's open to all, I think (don't quote me on that)? I haven't brought the freshers ball ticket as I really can't be affording much more without my student loan! I just didn't want to be left out at freshers and think It might be a little easier to make friends when you can go to all the events.

I know a lot of people that aren't getting the pass and some aren't getting the hall subs with the price of them either.
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

Hi,

I'm a second year student at L'boro. Firstly welcome....

Secondly, I would advise you getting both passes if you can afford them, but obviously priorities first of you're tight on money. They are really expensive, and always have been - its not the nicest welcome to the university but they do help pay for your nights out during the first week, parties throughout the year, and your bits of hall stash that you get when you arrive.
Hi,

Secondly, I would advise you getting both passes if you can afford them, but obviously priorities first of you're tight on money. They are really expensive, and always have been - its not the nicest welcome to the university but they do help pay for your nights out during the first week, parties throughout the year, and your bits of hall stash that you get when you arrive.

At the moment, I'm really tight with money, but I'm considering buying the hall subs. I'm not a party party person so I know I wouldn't go to all events, but can we not buy individual tickets for events you do want go to?
Original post by Sav055
Hi! Yeah it is really expensive but I know there are 14 days worth of events in freshers in my hall and lots for the Union. It also includes things throughout the year. I've paid for my halls and freshers pass since I didn't want to be left out. If you aren't a party person, you can buy the tickets at a fee if it's open to all, I think (don't quote me on that)? I haven't brought the freshers ball ticket as I really can't be affording much more without my student loan! I just didn't want to be left out at freshers and think It might be a little easier to make friends when you can go to all the events.

I know a lot of people that aren't getting the pass and some aren't getting the hall subs with the price of them either.

I think is reassuring to know that there are people who aren't buying the halls subs and freshers pass as I feel bit pressure from my hall's gc
Reply 5
I think is reassuring to know that there are people who aren't buying the halls subs and freshers pass as I feel bit pressure from my hall's gc

Out of curiosity (you don't have to say), which hall are you in?

Please don't feel pressured as everyones situation is different, I'm a fresher this year and I've bought the hall subs because it covers the whole year e.g. events set by your hall however the freshers pass is basically the 'freshers wristbands' people on tiktok etc have been telling you not to buy as you're probably not going to go to every event whether that be because you don't drink, hangovers, freshers flu etc. So my advice (obviously you don't have to follow it) but don't buy the freshers pass or the tickets for the freshers ball as I've heard that the freshers ball wasn't great last year however hall subs seem like a good option as it covers the whole year.
Hi,

do you know if you can pay for the freshers pass events on the door individually instead of the whole freshers pass as I dont think i will attend them all, Thanks!
Original post by Sav055
Out of curiosity (you don't have to say), which hall are you in?

bill mo
Original post by Anon5273935738
Please don't feel pressured as everyones situation is different, I'm a fresher this year and I've bought the hall subs because it covers the whole year e.g. events set by your hall however the freshers pass is basically the 'freshers wristbands' people on tiktok etc have been telling you not to buy as you're probably not going to go to every event whether that be because you don't drink, hangovers, freshers flu etc. So my advice (obviously you don't have to follow it) but don't buy the freshers pass or the tickets for the freshers ball as I've heard that the freshers ball wasn't great last year however hall subs seem like a good option as it covers the whole year.

thanks for your advice! I am considering buying the hall subs :smile:
bill mo

I'm in Butler Court and I'm glad I've brought my hall subs as they seem really excited to announce all the events that are included in it :smile: But of course, what you can afford always come first (we're not exactly in easy times right now).
At the moment, I'm really tight with money, but I'm considering buying the hall subs. I'm not a party party person so I know I wouldn't go to all events, but can we not buy individual tickets for events you do want go to?

For freshers, I don't recall being able to buy tickets separately - but do check the students union app.
thanks for your advice! I am considering buying the hall subs :smile:

Nws, Im in bill mo too and ive not decided whether to buy the freshers pass yet or not :frown:
Original post by Anon5273935738
Nws, Im in bill mo too and ive not decided whether to buy the freshers pass yet or not :frown:

oooh no way!! Well I would say check the events the hall subs offer and if that satisfy you then no need I guess? idk I'm confused as you tbh
oooh no way!! Well I would say check the events the hall subs offer and if that satisfy you then no need I guess? idk I'm confused as you tbh

Hi, btw alternative events have been released on the billmo instagram so they might be worth checking out :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest