The Student Room Group

stomach rumbling

Over like since the start of September, I've stopped snacking and I eat less and I'm not that hungry anymore, but I'm so annoyed because even when I'm not hungry, especially during school and at night my stomach rumbles so loud and it's uncomfortable but it doesn't hurt. And when i lie down on my back it rumbles like crazy every 3 mins that i have to sleep on my side now.
Does anyone know what the problem is?
You are hungry. Make sure you’re eating enough.
Original post by SagaciousSag
You are hungry. Make sure you’re eating enough.

I'm really not, what i meant was that i stopped like binge eating now weirdly so i dont snack on stuff like chocolate as much. I just think i lost my appetite
Original post by Anonymous
I'm really not, what i meant was that i stopped like binge eating now weirdly so i dont snack on stuff like chocolate as much. I just think i lost my appetite

If you’ve been a binge eater in the past, I suggest you see your GP about it. It could be an eating disorder, in which case, you should develop a plan to tackle it with support.

https://www.nhs.uk/mental-health/conditions/binge-eating/overview/
If you just eat healthier food than you already do...eating slowly then it'll be fine and you'll lose weight. Eating nothing all day is a common mistake. You'll be low energy, moody and not get anything done nor will it be effective way of dieting. You're old habits will just come back and you'll gain it agian. Try and learn how to cook simple healthy low cal meals and allow yourself to eat some unhealthy foods now and then because it'll happen always. You need a healthier relationship with food.
Original post by TrainRider
If you just eat healthier food than you already do...eating slowly then it'll be fine and you'll lose weight. Eating nothing all day is a common mistake. You'll be low energy, moody and not get anything done nor will it be effective way of dieting. You're old habits will just come back and you'll gain it agian. Try and learn how to cook simple healthy low cal meals and allow yourself to eat some unhealthy foods now and then because it'll happen always. You need a healthier relationship with food.

hi thanks, im not looking to loose weight its just that i weirdly lost my appetite and i just cba to eat anymore
Original post by Anonymous
hi thanks, im not looking to loose weight its just that i weirdly lost my appetite and i just cba to eat anymore

listen m8. Listen to your body. Idc if you don't feel hungry or don't want to eat. Clearly you feel hungry if you're stomach is telling you to eat. Great that you are snacking less but this is clearly unhealthy and you need to EAT. What's the purpose of making yourself go through all this? Especially when the simple solution which is a HEALTHY one is to literally eat food. Go eat. Literally now.
i struggle with this too like i actually just dont want to get fat and think if i eat less it will make me skinny - my stomach rumbles SO much at school- i just dont know who to talk to but i think its healthy to slowly start increasing your food portions as its healthy for u

Quick Reply

Latest