The Student Room Group

Need resources and help on momentum A level physics

im doing ocr a level physics and I'm stuck on momentum. if someone has some resources or hard questions I could tackle would really help me a lot. I've done PMT momentum questions but they weren't that hard compared to the question which was in my AS level exam paper
hey, another good site for challenging questions is called Isaac Physics 👍, you can either search momentum questions for a level within i think or just do broader settings.
Thank you very much will definitely give that one a try
Reply 3
What specifically are you stuck with? What goes wrong when you do exam questions?
i think im struggling on calculating collisions like for a example

there was a question i attempted which had a car crashing on the wall.
the questions were
(i)calculate the average force exerted by the wall on the car.
(ii) calculate the maximum speed of the car at impact

if you ever find time can you please just write on how you would attempt the questions 1 and 2
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by tinashemuti
i think im struggling on calculating collisions like for a example

there was a question i attempted which had a car crashing on the wall.
the questions were
(i)calculate the average force exerted by the wall on the car.
(ii) calculate the maximum speed of the car at impact

if you ever find time can you please just write on how you would attempt the questions 1 and 2

so for me at least, i would attempt to use impulse - being Ft = mv - mu to find force exerted on the wall in the first question,
and for question 2 you know that if something is at maximum speed it means its acceleration is equal to 0 so either using F - R = ma therefore F = Resistance and then using any equation with information given to calculate speed - however i would need more context to know what method to use as it could be done with simple suvat. hope that helps

Quick Reply