The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

This discussion is no longer active so you won't be able to reply.Check out other Related discussions

Do i have a chance at LSE?

Hey guys. I was wondering if I stand any chance considering there's strong competition at LSE. I'm thinking of applying for econ & econ/maths courses at Cambridge, LSE, Warwick, Sheffield and Bath. I've achieved A*A*A* in Maths, FM & Econ.

However, my IGCSEs are quite bad. Mostly applicants have around 7-8 A*/A. Mine are 999ABBBB5.

I am confident that I can get 6.5+ on the TMUA. To an extent, that should compensate for my lack of IGCSE grades but a part of me is still convinced that there's no chance.

What do you guys think? Should I apply to another uni instead of LSE perhaps?
Reply 1
I'm not sure if this is relevant or if they even take a look at UMS but I scored 570/600, 537/600 & 389/400 in Maths, FM & Econ respectively.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2
I wish we would stop getting posts like these. "I got solid A* grades at A-level will I ever get into uni?". Use some common sense, please.
Reply 3
Original post by finn61
I wish we would stop getting posts like these. "I got solid A* grades at A-level will I ever get into uni?". Use some common sense, please.

I am sorry. I was just worried that my IGCSEs would hold me back since a lot of people got rejected from LSE last year due to their IGCSEs not being strong enough (despite having A* at A levels). So please know that my intention was not to brag about my A levels or anything of that sort. Additionally, my question wasn't if I will ever get into a uni. I was talking about LSE specifically. I just felt like perhaps it would be better if I applied to an another university instead and wanted an insight.
Original post by Pistas
Hey guys. I was wondering if I stand any chance considering there's strong competition at LSE. I'm thinking of applying for econ & econ/maths courses at Cambridge, LSE, Warwick, Sheffield and Bath. I've achieved A*A*A* in Maths, FM & Econ.

However, my IGCSEs are quite bad. Mostly applicants have around 7-8 A*/A. Mine are 999ABBBB5.

I am confident that I can get 6.5+ on the TMUA. To an extent, that should compensate for my lack of IGCSE grades but a part of me is still convinced that there's no chance.

Cambridge don't care much about GCSEs, neither do UCL, as long as you have a good range of 9s, 8s and 7s with the odd 6 or 5. For example, I read they want 5A*/A grades at least at GCSE level. You clearly have 999A, and are just shy of fulfilling the GCSE entry requirements for LSE.

If it was me, I would still apply to LSE, as well as Cambridge, UCL, Warwick, KCL and Bath or even Bristol. :wink:
Reply 5
Original post by thegeek888
Cambridge don't care much about GCSEs, neither do UCL, as long as you have a good range of 9s, 8s and 7s with the odd 6 or 5. For example, I read they want 5A*/A grades at least at GCSE level. You clearly have 999A, and are just shy of fulfilling the GCSE entry requirements for LSE.

If it was me, I would still apply to LSE, as well as Cambridge, UCL, Warwick, KCL and Bath or even Bristol. :wink:

Thank you! I'll be applying to Cambridge, UCL & WW. :smile:
Original post by Pistas

Hi, did you eventually get into Cambridge, UCL etc?

Latest