Turn on thread page Beta

I'm ex-IB, can help watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Splinter)
    Yes multiple choice has been take off, and the other papers are longer. Also commentaries are now 4 x 740 words. The thing with criteria, i keep asking for it and never get given / explained. ANd every time the teacher picks up on somethign I havent said. I mean I get the impression that he is making it up, as it cannot possible that they expect you to write and analyse so much in the 20 mins you get for eaach essay question. I mean its just silly. He expects us to make a variety of connections and interpretations and consider a wide range of possibilities, which i think is an absurd expectation, but I may be wrong. However, even the brightest people, who manage to get 7's in everything else, did not get a 7 from him. (its only a macro problem really, i am fine on macro essays and questions as they are marked by a different teacher)
    Hi, I got 100% on both exams, and 98% on the internal assessment in econ in may 2004. If you want you could have my internal assessment and then ask your teacher what grade he would give them, if he says anything less that 98% then you know he's too strict.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Linda)
    Hi, I got 100% on both exams, and 98% on the internal assessment in econ in may 2004. If you want you could have my internal assessment and then ask your teacher what grade he would give them, if he says anything less that 98% then you know he's too strict.
    THe syllabus has changed, what you wrote a year ago wouldnt even get more than 60% anymore. also you have to write around 750 words instead of 400 as far as i know.

University open days

• University of the Arts London
    MA Performance Design and Practice Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 24 Jan '19
  • Brunel University London
    Undergraduate Experience Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Jan '19
  • SOAS University of London
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Sat, 26 Jan '19
Poll
Are you chained to your phone?
Applying to university
Uni match

Your perfect course is here

Let our match making tool match you up with your ideal uni

Make your revision easier

Study Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.