Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello, I'm looking for a good ISA account to put money in. I'm with Natwest at the moment, and they have an instant access account available, but I don't mind getting my money locked up for a year. The interest rate isn't as high as some of the other's I've seen, but I don't know how stable the others are and would be grateful if anyone can give me some advice or maybe tell me who they are with etc ))

Thank you very much ))))

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to go with Scottish Widows when I get my money back from ICESAVE. They are owned by Lloyds TSB so will hopefully be OK. They currently pay 6.0% interest but 1.5% of that is only for 1 year as its a bonus.

I was going to go with Natwest when they had an interest rate of 6.5% but that offer has finished now and its under 6% for the amount I will be putting in.

ReputationRep:
    moneysupermarket.com/savings

ReputationRep:
    I think the Royal Bank are doing an offer now, but it only applies to those transferring accounts from outwith their group.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you everyone )

I've heard that Lloyds are very good to go with.

I think I might open an e-savings account with Natwest for a year since interest rate is 6% and is easier to apply for. The 6% is only for first 12 months though, so will see what happens after that!!

Thanks everyone ))

ReputationRep:
    lloyds are okay, have you looked up the barclay's tax haven isa. in august it was best i could find that didn;t want lump sums, and let's you withdraw whenever you want

ReputationRep:
    Bradford and Bingley were good with me.

Fixed ISA with 6.5% interest.

ReputationRep:
    cash.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hazzypants)
    lloyds are okay, have you looked up the barclay's tax haven isa. in august it was best i could find that didn;t want lump sums, and let's you withdraw whenever you want
    (Original post by Jillie Boe)
    Bradford and Bingley were good with me.

Fixed ISA with 6.5% interest.
    Thanks ))

ReputationRep:
    I'm getting 6.5% until april too, but I would be amazed if you could get that anywhere today
    ihow much have you got to transfer? if the barclays tax haven is still going and you havent got much then go for that. nationwides isa bonds should be ok
    just make sure you do it before the end of the month or the rate will die

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    How much money do you spend a week?The ultimate guide to tax!Guide to student bank accounts

Sponsored features:

Web Legend

Win a Macbook Air!

Blog about setting up a website for a chance to win in our Web Legend competition.

Quick link:

Unanswered money and finance threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.