Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...e-at-risk.html
    I knew it I ******* knew it.

Ministers and the local, Labour MP were warned about the car crash that is the Social Work department at Haringey by a whistle blowing senior social worker back in February 2007. The Social Work Inspectorate was also informed.

None of them, including Alan 'Postman ****' Johnson who's now the Health Minister, lifted a finger to do anything that might have saved this child.

The kids that the whistle blower was complaining about were being sexually abused by their step father but they were sent back to live in the same house as him. So much cheaper than taking them into care you see. Also, step dad liked little boys and you wouldn't want to be accused of homophobia - not in Haringey.

Turns out that the dead baby's 17 year old mother dropped another sprog while she was on remand awaiting trial. Two kids by 17. That's quite an achievement. We'll be playing 'who is the daddy' in another thread. Haringey social services wanted her to keep the sprog even though she was banged up and accused of killing her first child. Some large policemen from Scotland Yard convinced them of the error of their ways.

I had a brief look at Haringey's web site.

Lovely piece about their gay mayor and 'Lance the Mayoral consort'. The 'Oliver Tambo Memorial Event' looked nice too. Oliver was a hero of the anti-apartheid movement in case you didn't know. Although the council can't afford social workers, they were able to erect a lovely bronze statue of Oliver.

I then browsed into the meatiest part of the site - Equality and Diversity. There, I was able to read all about the council's 'Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender History Month'. This included a fascinating presentation by Rosemary Auchmuty about Lesbian Feminist School Stories and Same Sex Marriage.

After the death of Victoria Climbie, these *******s were told very clearly that they're running a council and not a fecking playground for the loony left. They've ignored the warnings and the time has now come for prosecutions. If and when Gordon tells the independent Crown Prosecution Service that there's no case to answer for any Labour councillors or MPs, I'd suggest a whip round to fund a private prosecution.

But in an ideal world we'd take all those who stood by while this poor mite was smashed to bits into a field and shoot them in the back of the head. :mad:

ReputationRep:
    Just after reading this in the times!

It really makes your blood boil that they'll get to live life for years behind bars in a much better standard than Baby P ever received.

And now another one! These children didn't ask for this.

I'll reserve my thoughts on what torture I feel is necessary in this case.

In regards to the MP's if the circumstances weren't so tragic it would have thoroughly enjoyed the questioning of the PM. The video is epic.

ReputationRep:
    I'll hold fire on the connection between all this and the death of the child for now - but just hearing about that council's website and their whole ethos did make me feel physically sick!

ReputationRep:
    The whole of Haringey social servce department need shooting!....grrr makes me really angry. I knew that it would happen again after Victoria Climbie and I was right. Why is it that the only social worker with any sense was suspended?..FFS she was the only one that could see what was going on!.

ReputationRep:
    It was the doctors who saw horrific injuries and didn't warn officials - the kid's broken back wasn't picked up and stuff. Overall a terrible situation.

I fail to see what this has to do with LGBT rights though. They should do *both*.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 15, 2008
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.