Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hiya,

My friends and I booked some flights last night (to go on the 6th Dec) but the price to have a suitcase was £24 which made our cheap flights turn expensive! We decided not to pay for a suitcase and we'd take our things in our hand luggage..

Anyway, having second thoughts now and we can't take any liquids etc in our hand luggage or razors/tweezers so we'd like to pay for one suitcase and share our clothes out in it. Is this possible, anybody done it before? I mean, will they let us pay for a suitcase now we've already booked our flights?

Also..Can you take hair straightners in your hand luggage? Ta!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Belle-x)
    Hiya,

My friends and I booked some flights last night (to go on the 6th Dec) but the price to have a suitcase was £24 which made our cheap flights turn expensive! We decided not to pay for a suitcase and we'd take our things in our hand luggage..

Anyway, having second thoughts now and we can't take any liquids etc in our hand luggage or razors/tweezers so we'd like to pay for one suitcase and share our clothes out in it. Is this possible, anybody done it before? I mean, will they let us pay for a suitcase now we've already booked our flights?

Ryanair take the piss, they'll probably try and charge you an extra £25 for rebooking plus the £24 for the case. I booked a flight with them the other day, £24 for a suitcase is silly!

So I can't actually answer your question, sorry :o:

ReputationRep:
    Sooner you try the more likely you'll be able to.

ReputationRep:
    Hiya,

You can take liquids, just in a plastic bag and not more than 50ml (is it, cant remember)

I went to Barcelona from Germany with them and opted out of taking a suitcase, and managed fine. Just bought some disposable razors there.

ReputationRep:
    Yes you will be able to pay for checking in one bag at the airport. Might be even more expensive than including it in the ticket obviously.

BUT ryan air allows really big hand luggage actually... You can't bring razors but you can bring liquid, they must be in a plastic bag and less than 1 litre togeher and 100 ml each (i think this is the restrictions.. says on their webpage), but you'll definitely be able to bring some face moisturiser, deo, make up etc..

If it's just cosmetics you are worrying about it will probably be cheaper to buy razors, deodrant and whatever else women need when you are there than to pay £24 for the privilidge.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by teenagelovesong)
    Yes you will be able to pay for checking in one bag at the airport. Might be even more expensive than including it in the ticket obviously.

BUT ryan air allows really big hand luggage actually... You can't bring razors but you can bring liquid, they must be in a plastic bag and less than 1 litre togeher and 100 ml each (i think this is the restrictions.. says on their webpage), but you'll definitely be able to bring some face moisturiser, deo, make up etc..
    Ah right! So I'd be able to take a travel sized shampoo and conditoner, as well as a small deodrant and mascara etc? I always thought it was 100ml in total, lol.

ReputationRep:
    Ah right! So I'd be able to take a travel sized shampoo and conditoner, as well as a small deodrant and mascara etc? I always thought it was 100ml in total, lol.
    Nah it's 10x 100ml. Check the airport webpage you'll be flying from if you want to be sure

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wtid)
    Nah it's 10x 100ml. Check the airport webpage you'll be flying from if you want to be sure
    Oh good Thanks, I'll check the Liverpool airport site now, ta!

ReputationRep:
    Call them/go to the website. My flatmate did the same thing and they let her pay after saying she wasn't taking a case. I *wouldn't* leave it until you arrived at the airport - that could go horribly wrong.

ReputationRep:
    You can usually bring luggage along when you check in and pay for it then, though it may be more expensive then than doing it beforehand.

ReputationRep:
    Once you are through security you can buy liquids to take with you. I just went into the boots in the departure lounge and bought all my shampoo and things. I'm almost positive I took my straighteners too

ReputationRep:
    Do easyjet charge for luggage too?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ewan)
    All low cost airlines do, it's how they get their fares up I don't think EasyJet charge as much as Ryanair, though.

ReputationRep:
    Ryanair...*violent eye twitch* Man, did they ever mess up my trip home from Wacken this year. -_-

Best to call their help-line; oh wait, it doesn't exist XD (Or may as well not!) It just leads to an empty room with a phone and dead fly in it.

(But really, try phoning! )

ReputationRep:
    Go on the website and add it before you go.
    I think it's more expensive than if you did it while buying the ticket, but cheaper and more convenient than adding it on at the airport.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't phone them, their phone line is really expensive and from experiences my friends have had they don't actually answer the phone. Anyway you don't need to, you can either book a bag online (there will be an option somewhere for you to add a bag) but you really don't need to- as other people have said, just take travel sized stuff on in your liquids allowance. They don't actually check there is only 10 things in there as long as the bag will shut properly.

Yes you can take hair straighteners in your hand luggage, all electrical equipment such as phone chargers etc is fine. I do it all the time and I travel by plane at least once a month.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ewan)
    Yeah but its cheaper - £15 on a return flight to Alicante. Still less than Robbinair. :woo:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.