Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Am I doing something wrong? Queen piano Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

I'm a beginner and learning the piano scale and notations from a teacher so i wanted to peruse and I went on the website to look at the piano arrangment for Don't Stop Me Now by Queen:

http://www.e-chords.com/guitartab.as...3446&keyb=true

and at the bottom there is the piano notation however when i play it there is a strangeness in sound. I'm not entirely sure. On the scale at the bottom i follow it thus playing F, Am7, Dm7, Gm7, C7 etc. I use my right hand most of the time.

What am i doing wrong?

All comments are very much appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    All comments are very much appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    It probably sounds **** because those are just block chords shifted up and down the keyboard, without and real voice leading. Can you not play the bass note in the LH (or whatever note the bass in the track is), and change the inversions of the chords in the RH?

ReputationRep:
    Oh. How do the get the things for RH?

ReputationRep:
    Make them up. You'll probably be better off if you leave out the 5th in each chord as well.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.