Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    My arm is still hurting and i had my first injection 11 days ago. I felt sick tired and headachey for 3 days after aswell and bloody hell does it itch =[

ReputationRep:
    my 2nd one was fine, arm didn't even hurt!

ReputationRep:
    Ohmygoodness you've all really terrified me! I have mine in approx 3 hours (probs not a good idea to read this now!) and I feel really sick now. And I have to go on my own then drive myself home afterwards, hope I'll be ok

ReputationRep:
    had my 2nd one last Wednesday, not as painful as the 1st but still hurts like a b*tch. The nurse was horrible this time though.

ReputationRep:
    i woke up the morning after my first one and my arm absolutely KILLED. I had my second one only 3 hours ago. I felt really dizzy, went pale with a sweat and have fainted if standing *tho luckily i was sitting down*

I think its good that so many people share their experiences and opinions of this because its so new, people tend to get worried about how much research has gone into this. But in ten, twenty years time if they still do it, it will just be procedure, like when we had our TB jabs..no one worried about the research because people have known about its symtoms for years.

ReputationRep:
    I am having my first EVER jab and as I just had an injection in my mouth I am TERRIFIED! so please I am new, and very young not even 13 yet so please let me get to know you all

ReputationRep:
    please can someone tell me about this cause I know nothing at all about the jabs....
    my mum thinks we are way to young for this so I may not have it right yet......
    THIS IS ABUSE INJECTIONS ARE ABUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    I've had mine today, and I can't use my left arm whatsoever! Feel pretty ill, dizzy headache and temperature, but it sounds like it comes with the injection, I'm hoping it's nothing to worry about and it should be gone in the next few days!

ReputationRep:
    yeah it should be gone within a few days
    there are also many rumours about this jab, like the symptoms get worse every time..this is NOT TRUE..i asked the nurse who did mine hope you feel better soon phantomsimmer!

ReputationRep:
    My friend had a severe reaction, just like you did. She felt very sick and had to go home after she was sick in the nurse's office. They didn't let her continue with the jabs, though. If you think it's worth it then I would go ahead and get the last 2 jabs

ReputationRep:
    had mine last week. now have migraine aura symptoms - no headache. awful? could be totally unrelated?

ReputationRep:
    I had mine yesterday.. and i felt really faint and dizzy all day.. and today my arm has been numb and ive been feeling really weak and callapsing everytime i stand up. :/

ReputationRep:
    Some of these reactions are so odd
    I had mine a few days ago and it had pretty much no effect on me whatsoever. If the side effects persist (i.e. they last longer than a week), you'll need to see your doctor.

ReputationRep:
    I normally don't mind injections, but found the first HPV one bad- felt sick the day after, and my arm really hurt for a couple of days. However, the second one was absolutely fine- I barely felt it at all afterwards.

ReputationRep:
    I have just been informed by a friend that it can lead to problems with your legs and recently mine have been feeling really funny and weird. i was just wondering if anoyone else has had the same thing?

ReputationRep:
    I had my first one and it was over before I realised it, had an achy arm for about 2 days afterwards though apparently the 2nd one hurts more so im a bit scared. I can't look at the needle though, makes me feel all weird. was a bit of a drama queen about it before hand though, made my best friend come with me to distract me, appeared to work though good luck x

ReputationRep:
    I had my, first injection yesterday, the injection itself was quite painless ad only stung for a short while. I didn't feel dizzy or sick afterwards and there was no pain until the evening. Also, when i woke up this morning, my eye was slightly swollen ad felt like I'd been punched. Does anyone know if others have experienced this?

ReputationRep:
    My arm hurt alot! Now I've got specific places on my arm that actually hurt which does not include the spot where they injected, and one main spot is just below the injection, where a dent in my arm has formed! It's like...DENTED lol....is that normal??:confused:

ReputationRep:
    I experienced the exact same thing! About 15 mins after the injection i got really hot and my vision went blurry and i couldn't hear right! It did ware of and i was ok but i felt quite shakey after and also couldnt walk straight! I was really worried and thought i was the only one who felt this way! Have to get my next one in a few weeks did you feel this way after each injection?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clairee_mcc)
    I experienced the exact same thing! About 15 mins after the injection i got really hot and my vision went blurry and i couldn't hear right! It did ware of and i was ok but i felt quite shakey after and also couldnt walk straight! I was really worried and thought i was the only one who felt this way! Have to get my next one in a few weeks did you feel this way after each injection?
    That is similar to what happened to me but it was about 30 minutes after the injection but I also felt very sick. Then I started to feel very dizzy and that continued for over a month but at least my eyes and hearing went back to normal. Although it did feel like my eyes wouldn't focus properly - as if whenever I moved it took them a long time to move too. I can't really explain it. Are you okay now? I didn't get the second and third done.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 10, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.