Will bad AS Level grades matter with a BTEC? Watch

unclecrispin
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Hey,

2 years ago I did my AS Levels, but I ended up with just a D and an E.

Since then I've been doing a BTEC in Media Production at College and am aiming for around DDM/DMM, which should be achievable.

Will my results from AS Levels affect the chance I have of getting into a Uni? I'm wanting to do Film Production.

Thanks for your help, and sorry if this is in the wrong place

Chris
User188463
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Depends what uni. It probably will do, unless the ASs were unconnected with the subject. If you were an admissions person, would you pick someone with better grades? probably. But then again, I don't know that much about film production stuff. Email admissions, or look closely around a few websites.

In the meantime, achieve highly in the btec.
unclecrispin
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Well they were in Philosophy and RS, so not connected in any way, do you think I should add them on my UCAS thing? It'll give me 50 extra points, but is the Uni seeing those grades worth it?
MrCharmed
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by unclecrispin)
Well they were in Philosophy and RS, so not connected in any way, do you think I should add them on my UCAS thing? It'll give me 50 extra points, but is the Uni seeing those grades worth it?
NO uni's are more intrested in grades that points
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    City and Collegiate Campus Undergraduate
    Sun, 3 Feb '19

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (532)
80.24%
Leave (131)
19.76%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed