The Student Room Group

Red marks left from spots

Hey, I had lots of spots on face, they have gone. But im left with red marks, it looks likes i have lots of spots but they aint, its so annoying. Anyone got any tips on how to get rid of them, ive tried biooil, but that started bringing spots back.

help please.:smile:
Reply 1
Just takes time I'm afraid. I'm in the same position as you, just drink plenty of water every day and it'll speed the process up.
Reply 2
Anonymous
Hey, I had lots of spots on face, they have gone. But im left with red marks, it looks likes i have lots of spots but they aint, its so annoying. Anyone got any tips on how to get rid of them, ive tried biooil, but that started bringing spots back.

help please.:smile:

It just takes a lot of time, sadly. I used all sorts of things to try and get rid of the marks. It's been about three years now, and you can still see really faintly if you're actually looking for them, but otherwise they're gon.
You could try freederm or some other ani inflammetry cream, should reduce some of the redness.
Reply 4
I had that, I used Bio Oil for ages, it worked a bit though for me. But for like a couple of months now I'v been using the Liz Earle skincare routine thing, and all the marks have completely disappeared. My sister has the same problem and I'v been using my Liz Earle stuff on her for just under a week and it has already made a massive improvement.
Reply 5
I get the odd scar from spots cos I'm so pale. I use some tea tree and witch hazel night cream from boots to get rid of spots and make marks go but some of them do take a long time.
Reply 6
Maybe try exfoliating / microdermabrasion regularly?
Reply 7
J35sica
I had that, I used Bio Oil for ages, it worked a bit though for me. But for like a couple of months now I'v been using the Liz Earle skincare routine thing, and all the marks have completely disappeared. My sister has the same problem and I'v been using my Liz Earle stuff on her for just under a week and it has already made a massive improvement.

what exactly are the products you use in your Liz Earle routine cos I have the same problem with several red marks left from bad spots and I just want to get rid of them as quickly as possible and your routine seems to work well x
Reply 8
I have had the same problem since I was about 15.
I have red hair and very pale skin so marks and scars from bad spots can be seen quite easily, especially on my forehead.

Recently, my flat mate let me try her Simple 'Kind to Skin' Smoothing face scrub, and it was so good I splashed the 4 quid for the bottle.
It gently takes away layers of your skin to reveal the new, healed layers. My red marks have started to fade and my forehead feels a lot smoother. It's only been a couple of weeks of course, but I reckon in the long run it'll have a great effect on my skin.

I recommened it to everyone - SIMPLE KIND TO SKIN, SMOOTHING FACE SCRUB
Use it twice a week.

Hope this offers some improvements for you.
Which Liz Earle products are these?
Im 21 years old and suddenly started struggling with spots. I had no spots during my teenage years and all a sudden I’m battling spots and once I think it’s clearing, 2 or 3 big spots come, sometimes the underneath, big lump, red spots. I’ve tried so many different acne face washes and treatments and nothing seems to work and it’s frustrating me. I’m just wondering if anyone could please suggest any good skin care products for oily/sensitive/acne prone skin please? Thank you!!

Quick Reply