Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi there

Im looking to apply for a nursing bsc hons pre-registration in 2009, ive been told directly from the uni that im applying to that you only need 5 GCSES a-c but ive heard different and that you need a-levels etc.

Does anybody have any insight into this? I have as levels and if this is the case i would like to discontuine you my a2 next year and go straight onto this uni if im accepted.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bubbles and squeak)
    Hi there

Im looking to apply for a nursing bsc hons pre-registration in 2009, ive been told directly from the uni that im applying to that you only need 5 GCSES a-c but ive heard different and that you need a-levels etc.

Does anybody have any insight into this? I have as levels and if this is the case i would like to discontuine you my a2 next year and go straight onto this uni if im accepted.

Thanks
    A BSc (Hons) degree will require A Level study.
    5 A-C GCSEs are enough for the diploma.

See other threads for the differences! Mostly summed up as: same level of training, BSc has you do a dissertation which in career terms doesn't really advantage you, and the diploma you get more funding from the NHS.

There's probably an age requirement for the diploma though, so check that... not sure you can have people training to be nurses from 16+ though I may be mistaken. (It's hard enough to get work experience at 16!)

ReputationRep:
    sue IIRC the officialy minimum age was 17 1/2 but it may well have gone up to 18 - as a lot of trusts and HEIs don't like having under 18s as HE students

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.