Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    People always **** it off in term of its landscape but would you say it has some beautiful scenery compared to other countries? Including Scotland and Yorkshire etc?

ReputationRep:
    Of course it does but I've never explored rural Britian.

ReputationRep:
    What's left of it.

ReputationRep:
    I probably wouldn't compare it as such because they are two different places etc, but I do think Britain has nice scenery in some places yes Maybe not the best in the world, maybe not as much as other countries and maybe nothing really unique. but still some really beautiful places yes...

(what a random thread...)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Riddy)
    People always **** it off in term of its landscape
    Do they?

ReputationRep:
    I really like the Malvern hills, it's so ace to live near them. :love:

ReputationRep:
    devon & conwall
    I'm obviously biased though.

ReputationRep:
    Definatley

ReputationRep:
    We don't have true wilderness but I like our countryside

ReputationRep:

I'll let you decide

ReputationRep:
    I'm not very well travelled throughout the UK but I think it may depend on what you want to see as "scenery". I personally love the views from the highest points in North Yorkshire...just rolling hills and the sensation you get from being able to see all around you. That's beautiful to me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GeorgEGNT)
    I'll let you decide
    Hubba, hubba...!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GeorgEGNT)

I'll let you decide
    thats a loada bull **** on sticks compared to Yosemite national park in california

ReputationRep:
    Once you've lived in the middle of nowhere and woken up with a view of mountains, fields, forests and hills and got bored out of your mind, scenery is just another field.

I've also had a house overlooking the beach and been able to watch dolphins from the window. And you know what? Right now I'm happy to be living in a big city with lots of listed buildings and also err plenty of buildings listed for demolition.

But yeah, much of Britain is very pretty.

ReputationRep:
    I've never been abroad or to Scotland or any other country in the UK except Wales. But I do think what I have seen, is very nice. I live in quite a rural area so I'm surrounded by alot of fields, woods, brooks, that sort of thing. I love it this time of year too, going out for walks when it's all autumn-y and whatnot

ReputationRep:
    Yes I think Britain has some fantastic scenery. If you ever get the chance, I'd recommend you take a drive from Stirling -> Fort William -> Inverness -> Ullapool in Scotland. The range of scenery is impressive and Glencoe and Loch Ness are particularly breathtaking. I'm also fond of the final drive in to Ullapool along Loch Broom.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snorty_swirl)
    Definatley
    *de-finite-ly

ReputationRep:
    Oh, definitely. We have some beautiful scenery.

ReputationRep:

I'd say so

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Valjean)
    've also had a house overlooking the beach and been able to watch dolphins from the window. And you know what? Right now I'm happy to be living in a big city with lots of listed buildings and also err plenty of buildings listed for demolition.

But yeah, much of Britain is very pretty.
    I miss the countryside a bit here in London... especially the sea. Don't get me wrong I love the city but now I really appreciate being able to go for country walks or go to the beach when I go home.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.