Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Britain has some very pretty countryside. However, while it is lush and wonderful, it isn't quite on the same scale as some places in Asia/Europe/America/Africa. It's only little.

However, I love the British countryside.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Schmokie Dragon)
    Britain has some very pretty countryside. However, while it is lush and wonderful, it isn't quite on the same scale as some places in Asia/Europe/America/Africa. It's only little.

However, I love the British countryside.
    What do you mean by "the same scale"?

ReputationRep:
    I live in a large village near Leamington and the scenary around here is very beautiful.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Neil.A.H)
    Yes I think Britain has some fantastic scenery. If you ever get the chance, I'd recommend you take a drive from Stirling -> Fort William -> Inverness -> Ullapool in Scotland. The range of scenery is impressive and Glencoe and Loch Ness are particularly breathtaking. I'm also fond of the final drive in to Ullapool along Loch Broom.
    My favourite drive is Inverness-Perth. Driving along that when the snow is falling and the roads are quiet and it's just starting to get dark is incredible.

Sillyfencer, where is that? It looks very similar to Loch Avon in the cairngorms, but the shape looks wrong.

I love the scenery in london, or other big cities. It's a big contrast to where I grew up, everything is so big, so modern and so fast paced. I love it.

Britain has great scenery. I don't like the fields and rolling bumps of south england, but north scotland is excellent.

And I know what people mean by the scale, it doesn't have waterfalls the size of icelandic ones, or mountains the size of the alps, but it's still excellent.

ReputationRep:
    yeah, i think there are some pretty awesome sights in britain

i haven't ventured much into rural areas, but when i have it was school visits... and pembroke, wales blew my mind... it was so pretty! and the lake district and bournemouth, portsmouth, st. andrew's were all niceeeeee

but, from where i am, i think britain's also got a damn good cityscape

ReputationRep:
    Of course it does. Anyone who says otherwise just hasn't been to the right places.

(I am resisting the temptation to post a whole bundle of holiday photos as evidence on the grounds that the photo thing has already been done.)

ReputationRep:
    Standing on top of Scafell Pike on a glorious day - I would say yes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fisherman)
    My favourite drive is Inverness-Perth. Driving along that when the snow is falling and the roads are quiet and it's just starting to get dark is incredible.

Sillyfencer, where is that? It looks very similar to Loch Avon in the cairngorms, but the shape looks wrong.

I love the scenery in london, or other big cities. It's a big contrast to where I grew up, everything is so big, so modern and so fast paced. I love it.

Britain has great scenery. I don't like the fields and rolling bumps of south england, but north scotland is excellent.

And I know what people mean by the scale, it doesn't have waterfalls the size of icelandic ones, or mountains the size of the alps, but it's still excellent.
    Just a couple of random Cairngorm pics. It could be Avon, but it's hard to tell from that angle.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SillyFencer)
    Just a couple of random Cairngorm pics. It could be Avon, but it's hard to tell from that angle.
    Ah, I searched for that picture, and it is Avon. Just never seen it from that angle.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Flourella)
    Of course it does. Anyone who says otherwise just hasn't been to the right places.

(I am resisting the temptation to post a whole bundle of holiday photos as evidence on the grounds that the photo thing has already been done.)
    Please post some!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SillyFencer)
    What do you mean by "the same scale"?
    I was being sloppy.

I meant that scenery in Britain is fairly small, compared to the valleys/gorges/rivers/mountains of many larger bodies of land

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GeorgEGNT)

I'll let you decide
    Holy ****, I think I have the same pic

Wait, let me find it

Awww, it's close, but no cigar. The lake district is awesome though

• CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Yorkshire is beautiful IMO.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, but the scenery in France and the Mediterranean regions is much better.

ReputationRep:
    Yes! I love our countryside. I live in Norfolk, so I'm not exactly surrounded by rolling hills and the such, but I still love it.

Although I went to Switzerland last year, the scenery there is amaaazing! Sadly lost all the pictures in a tragic PC death, but oh well.

ReputationRep:

Bloody brilliant... the Lake District is also pretty spectacular too, from what I've heard.

Incidentally, see that mountain on the second photo... I've climbed that, so I have. :p:

Edit: Hmm... just realised what the first one was... I've been up that as well, I think.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L i b)

Bloody brilliant... the Lake District is also pretty spectacular too, from what I've heard.

Incidentally, see that mountain on the second photo... I've climbed that, so I have. :p:
    That's a baby :p:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, it has lots. Herefordshire (my home shire) is absolutely beautiful.

ReputationRep:
    I live in Cornwall so, yeah

ReputationRep:
    Britain has some impressive scenery, but it is nothing to New Zealand, it's like what I imagine heaven to be like, if i believed heaven existed.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.