Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    If we're talking about the entire British Isles then I would say 'yes' even louder. Some of the vistas I saw in Ireland were beautiful, and epic too. In England though, only what I've seen, the scenery is more homely than wondrous.

ReputationRep:
    I live in West Sussex and the scenery is lovely. Especially along the South Downs. I think Britian is beautiful in many places, not so much in others, but it's the same with most countries.

ReputationRep:
    I love the British landscape. Whenever I've been away, one of the things I love about getting home and getting of the plane is seeing how green everything is.

It's all a question of aesthetics though. There are people who think 60s concrete blocks are attractive.

ReputationRep:
    Our country has excellent scenery, however I expect fellow TSRers to realize that places such as the Lake District are far from natural as if they were, like the rest of the country it would be covered in trees. However then we wouldnt be able to enjoy the views.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by foundintransmission)
    Yorkshire, or any other country
    Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    "I would say that it is the very lack of obvious drama or spectacle that sets the beauty of our land apart. What is pertinent is the calmness of that beauty, its sense of restraint. It is as though the land knows of it's own beauty and greatness, and feels no need to shout it."

Yes. Just the rolling countryside is good enough for me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AnythingButChardonnay)
    Thank you!
    Okay, I did word that pretty stupidly. But I'm sure you understand what I meant. :o:

ReputationRep:
    Okay, I did word that pretty stupidly. But I'm sure you understand what I meant. :o:
    I'm happy with the original wording!

ReputationRep:
    I'm happy with the original wording!
    Lol what? I'm confused? I edited it anyway as I did sound like I was saying Yorkshire is a country.:yep:
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Some parts of rural Britain, especially near where I live, look stunning in the Autumn. Underrated and undervalued in my opinion.

ReputationRep:
    Lol what? I'm confused? I edited it anyway as I did sound like I was saying Yorkshire is a country.:yep:
    While not from Yorkshire I am of Yorkshire, and am therefore quite happy for Yorkshire to be described as a country, ethnicity or state of mind.

ReputationRep:
    While not from Yorkshire I am of Yorkshire, and am therefore quite happy for Yorkshire to be described as a country, ethnicity or state of mind.
    Erm.....ok?

ReputationRep:
    Of course is does. Ever been to the Lake District, the Highlands, the Hebrides, Snowdonia?
    For a relatively small island we have tremendous diversity in our landscapes.

ReputationRep:
    Having been brought up in Devon and gone to a uni near the lake district...I'd damn say yes, it is very pretty Just avoid the crap bit in the middle or rather, stick to the west of the country which is much more pretty then the east.

ReputationRep:
    Take the national express east coast line from, say, London to Edinburgh and just stare out of the window the whole way - it's gorgeous. Especially the views of Durham, Newcastle and the countryside north of Newcastle, it's fantastic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Freud)
    Take the national express east coast line from, say, London to Edinburgh and just stare out of the window the whole way - it's gorgeous. Especially the views of Durham, Newcastle and the countryside north of Newcastle, it's fantastic.
    :woo: my home town.
    The ECML from Newcastle-Edinburgh is stunning :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Britain is pretty nice but switzerland : way better

here is a photo taken less than 5 minutes away from my house

http://img80.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc00672ik1.jpg

I've got no photo when it's clear and with the Mont-Blanc in it but there is actually a window in my house where you see it

edit : here not made by me :

and sweden in winter is the best

http://img220.imageshack.us/my.php?i...sc00583wc4.jpg

that's the sea and you can walk on the ice it's so thick

ReputationRep:
    I'd say Britain has some great scenery. It's so diverse. You can have craggy cliffs and harsh mountains at one end, and at the other you get green rolling hills with long, sandy beaches. Yummy. It's so gorgeous! Try visiting the Devonshire and Cornish coast (you might also want to visit Dartmoor in Devon - it's gorgeous), the New Forest, Brecon Beacons area in Wales, Malvern Hills, North York Moors, Peak District, and of course the Highlands! Obviously I haven't been everywhere in Britain so I couldn't say where the best place is but all the ones I've listed are lovely.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, definitely.

ReputationRep:
    London is nice scenery?
    I like it.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.