Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi all,

I have emailed the Engineering Liason Team with this question and haven't received a response yet.

I have a BEng (Hons) degree, class 2.1 in Electronic Engineering from the University of Warwick. Does this allow me to apply to become an Engineering Officer? CE, AS or both?

Many thanks

Burf
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Well - well done you. They will give you the gospel answer but I'd say 'very probably'. Given that you tick all the other boxes to apply - limb at each corner, fully functioning lungs, not too fat, not too thin, etc etc etc you might have the requisites to apply.

Oh - if you have a personality, they won't let you be an engineer!

ReputationRep:
    ha, cheers for that

ReputationRep:
    You probably haven't received a response from the ELT (Engineering Liason Team) because they have probably sent a squad to come and kidnap you.

Electronic Engineering means you are perfectly suited to be either AS or CE, although things in their current state they will probably try to persuade you to go CE, simply because everyone wants to get down and dirty in the Typhoon's intakes and there is a current lack of people willing to radiate themselves whilst using Radar equipment.

Having a 2:1 from Warwick will mean that you are perfectly eligible with regards to academic standards, the key (as ProStacker said above) is to make sure that you don't take that as a 'get out of jail free card' when it comes to fitness and leadership experience.

ReputationRep:
    OK thanks for that, thats a bit of a weight off my mind, cheers

ReputationRep:
    if you want to ask any more in depth question re; CE side of things, PM me. My partner is just passing out of CE 'school' lol and has been given his first posting after a loooooooooooooooong 18months at cranwell (IOT and CE)

and good luck! xx

ReputationRep:
    My ex is a CE Engineer. He seems to enjoy it, even the training at Cranwell but he said it was hard work. He doesn't get to do much practically though, he's more of a man manager now.

ReputationRep:
    OK, cheers, if I think of anything in particular I will do. Have my filter interview on Friday so will probably have some questions by then!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 15, 2008
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to the armed forcesGuide to the Royal Air ForceA job in the Army

Featured recruiter profiles:

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Quick Link:

Unanswered Armed Forces Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.