The Student Room Group

Choosing a 5th Choicd

Hello,

I hope this is in the right forum. I have 4 choices I am applying to (Durham, Cambridge, Bristol, Exeter) but am unsure of a 5th. My A levels are A*A* (obtained) A/A* (predicted [not sure yet]). Im looking for a university which is North of England preferably, is reputable for law and preferably does not require the LNAT, as 3 of my choices do.

My GCSEs are also fairly weak (88876655 and Distinction level 2) but I do have mitigating circumstances for these.

I have done a fair bit of research for universities but am quite stuck now, and wondered if anyone had any advice?
Why in the north of England since so many of your choices are in the south?

In any case, Leeds, York, Lancaster, Liverpool, and Manchester are all probably worth considering. Nottingham would also be a good option if you are happy with the midlands being "north" enough for your criteria :wink:
Original post by artful_lounger
Why in the north of England since so many of your choices are in the south?

In any case, Leeds, York, Lancaster, Liverpool, and Manchester are all probably worth considering. Nottingham would also be a good option if you are happy with the midlands being "north" enough for your criteria :wink:

Well I live in the south, and so wanted to mix things up a bit by being in an entirely new area! Although, I get a reduced offer for Exeter, and Bristol really appeals to me

Lancaster is an option for me, an although I shouldn’t, im still caught up over it not being a RG uni, although I know all to well that that doesn’t really matter. The only reason I say so is I know that a couple of law firms still look at the uni you were with and I want the best chances possible. Leeds will not consider me as I’m taking 3 years to do my A levels (but I do have mitigating circumstances)

I will definitely look into york, liverpool and manchester though, thank you :smile:
Warwick
Personally it would be Leeds or Nottingham (midlands but fairly north) for me. They’re very reputable for law. I’ve just recently visited Nottingham and was absolutely bowled over by the campus and the welcoming nature of the law school staff.
You seem to like fairly small cities based on your other choices so I suggest York.
Lancaster is another good Uni but York is more attractive as a city (in my opinion).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending