The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Finished inside her? What the **** is wrong with him?

Pretty sure if she was under the influence (and therefore unable to consent) it counts as rape, even if she didn’t explicitly say no.
Reply 2
If you go online and check out the NHS pages for the options for preventing pregnancy - the morning after pill services or IUD and general health advice (usually Levonelle or Ellaone)

There are Well Women centres but they are spread out across the country.

https://www.brook.org.uk
Brook centres offer a greater span of support services and can give you help and support for many other concerns.
Original post by Anonymous
Finished inside her? What the **** is wrong with him?

Pretty sure if she was under the influence (and therefore unable to consent) it counts as rape, even if she didn’t explicitly say no.

I know and I told her before it even happened that he isn't nice and why she hangs round with him
If she didn't say no then no it's not rape. How is he supposed to know she wasn't up for it? Mind read?

Really rape seems to be an expression tossed around far too easily these days just because a girl decides she didn't like how something went down but expressed no objection at the time. I would say she just needs to learn from it and move on.
Original post by Gavin2016
If she didn't say no then no it's not rape. How is he supposed to know she wasn't up for it? Mind read?

Really rape seems to be an expression tossed around far too easily these days just because a girl decides she didn't like how something went down but expressed no objection at the time. I would say she just needs to learn from it and move on.

Totally agree the word is tossed around so much nowdayds, he may not be a nice person but this accusation would ruin his life
Reply 6

1. She was drunk. You legally cant give consent when under the influence. 2. Saying you dont want to have sex IS saying NO. 3. If you consider finishing inside a girl that you COERCED into having sex as "having a bit of fun", you deserve to be in jail.

OP DO NOT listen to this guy, he has no idea whats going on.
Reply 7
Totally agree the word is tossed around so much nowdayds, he may not be a nice person but this accusation would ruin his life

Crazy thing is, he actually DID rape her. She said no, and then he kept pestering her till she said yes. That is coercion. Also, he already ruined her life by taking advantage of her and finished inside of her, possibly getting her pregnant. If you think he has done nothing wrong, then I think you should tell your local authorities what they think, and see how they feel about this.
What's wrong with having a bit of fun in this country?

Stop the victim blaming and shaming. Whenever a woman has been raped or abused, you’re always there to tell her she hasn’t been. Coercion while drunk is not consent.
Original post by Agni K
Crazy thing is, he actually DID rape her. She said no, and then he kept pestering her till she said yes. That is coercion. Also, he already ruined her life by taking advantage of her and finished inside of her, possibly getting her pregnant. If you think he has done nothing wrong, then I think you should tell your local authorities what they think, and see how they feel about this.

"she didn't actually say no but she told me she really didn't want to but only did it to shut him up asking"

Stop being emotional, she didn't say no.
xxxxxx

NHS:

NHS

“Sexual assault is an act that is carried out without a person's active consent. This means they did not agree to it.

Consent means saying "yes" to what happened.

Being intoxicated, not being asked, saying nothing, or saying yes to something else, is not consent. Being in a relationship or married to someone is not consent.”

When supporting a survivor:

NHS
“Don't tell them to forget about the assault. It will take time for them to deal with their feelings and emotions. You can help by listening and being patient.”

This is basic empathy. Even if you haven’t experienced it, place yourself in this person’s shoes and understand that she did not agree to what happened to her. She did not want what happened to her. She did not consent to what happened to her. This is not “women wanting ultimate power in society”. This is survivors of sexual assault having their experiences acknowledged in the eyes of the law.

Your comments are disgusting.

https://www.nhs.uk/live-well/sexual-health/help-after-rape-and-sexual-assault/
"she didn't actually say no but she told me she really didn't want to but only did it to shut him up asking"

Stop being emotional, she didn't say no.

“A sexual assault is any sexual act that a person did not consent to, or is forced into against their will.”
xxxxx

This is a thread asking for advice, not your misogynistic grandstanding.
So my housemate was coerced into having sex with her male housemate because she was drunk, she didn't actually say no but she told me she really didn't want to but only did it to shut him up asking, she didn't use any protection and she told me he finished inside her and now she's panicking about being pregnant, any advice on this?

Is this first year in student accom?
These threads always without fail devolve into stupid arguments about the legal definition of rape. Waste of time asking about it here. If your friend believes she has suffered some kind of molestation she should contact a service that supports people who have been sexually assaulted for advice at the next available opportunity I.E. after the day of state enforced mourning.
It is well established in this country that drunken consent is still consent. Yet again, it has to be underlined that the standard at which you are unable to consent due to intoxication is very very high - you have to basically be unable to speak.
Original post by SagaciousSag
NHS:

When supporting a survivor:

This is basic empathy. Even if you haven’t experienced it, place yourself in this person’s shoes and understand that she did not agree to what happened to her. She did not want what happened to her. She did not consent to what happened to her. This is not “women wanting ultimate power in society”. This is survivors of sexual assault having their experiences acknowledged in the eyes of the law.

Your comments are disgusting.

Don't even argue with him, he seems to take joy from telling survivors it was their fault. OP, ignore him, your house mate was assaulted. If she's able, going to the police would be an option. She can also self refer to a mental health service ( IAPT ) if she doesn't feel comfortable talking to her GP about it.
No one really knows what happened so stop all the judgement even though it is wrong to victim blame it is also wrong to believe someone's accusations of rape without any evidence or proof.
Original post by Agni K
1. She was drunk. You legally cant give consent when under the influence. 2. Saying you dont want to have sex IS saying NO. 3. If you consider finishing inside a girl that you COERCED into having sex as "having a bit of fun", you deserve to be in jail.

OP DO NOT listen to this guy, he has no idea whats going on.

I agree. I have a question though, is any drunk sex after a night out considered rape then ?

UK law focuses upon age, sexual consent and the reasonable belief that consent exists.

Within the uk, the crime of rape can also occur under circumstances where the rape survivor does not/cannot speak a word or is physically incapable of consenting (asleep/comatose/unconscious due to fainting or being drugged).
A rape conviction can also result in circumstances that involve stealthing where 'rape by deceit' results in going beyond the scope of sexual consent, even if the facts only come to light or are fully discovered after the unlawful conduct has occurred.

Latest

Trending

Trending