Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Had Obama selected Hillary as his running mate... watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    How would the outcome of the election have changed? Would he have lost those voters who figured Obama was less risky with someone like Biden by his side or would he have won those voters that voted for McCain because he was running with a woman, or both? Which effect would have dominated? Or would something completely different have happened?

ReputationRep:
    i couldn't care less. it's over. stop talking about it already.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lodzinski)
    i couldn't care less. it's over. stop talking about it already.
    Good start.

ReputationRep:
    Even with Hill-Dog Obama still would've won :yep:, no debate really...

ReputationRep:
    Erm, I think he would have won by a slightly larger margin, but he made the right decision in choosing Biden anyway.

ReputationRep:
    I think he would have done worse. Still won, but closer.

ReputationRep:
    Hard to tell. Most pollsters seem to agree that if Hillary had been chosen instead of Obama democrats would have beaten republicans by an even wider margin (very possibly getting that 60 fillibuster proof target), but her being VP candidate is a very different thing. Personally, i reckon it was probably still a good move picking Biden.

ReputationRep:
    ....http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle5156459.ece

ReputationRep:
    An interesting question considering that McCain chose Palin largely to capture some of the demographic voided by Obama's decision not to chose Clinton as his running mate. Had he chosen Clinton, McCain might have picked someone else and who knows what would have happened... I think 60% of voters said that she was a drag on the ticket.

ReputationRep:
    I wonder if McCain would have done better if he hadn't chosen Palin.

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.